1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Statements being misconstrued by straight friends

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IanGallagher, Jun 22, 2011.

1. IanGallagher

I was just wondering if anyone else here has "worried" about things they say to their straight friends being misconstrued. Worried is in quotes since that's too strong a word, but still fits. For example, telling a friend that a state/college/etc. hasn't been the same without them. Things that I would normally say before, but now unsure if they'll read more into it than intended. Anyone else here go through similar situations?

2. TheWanderer

specific examples i cant give. however, i have a very analytic mind so, yes this happens to me frequently.

3. starfish

Oh hell I'm always saying stupid stuff. I if worried how people interpreted what I said I would never say anything.

4. Anne Nonymous

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Since I'm closeted, not really an issue for me. But the other day at dance practice, I actually said to one of my friends: "we're gonna totally lick the competition next year and I can't wait!" If they knew I was gay, they'd think I was a real slut :lol:

5. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

Yeah i do but mostly that's because real stupid stuff comes out of my mouth sometimes- so mostly i just worry about keeping my mouth shut :dry::icon_bigg but i also watch what i say in case it could ever hint that i'm gay (i'm extremely closeted...o well)

6. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

My straight male friends know I wouldn't make a serious pass on them because they know I know they're straight, so no, I don't worry about that.

7. acd92

Haha well, I have said stuff around friends that causes their eyebrows to raise, but I usually tell them they're not my type anyway, and that ends that discussion! :wink:

8. Rikudo

I don't understand the op. Does he mean talking with same sex friends that could be misinterpreted as flirting?

9. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

This.

If I say something that could be interpreted in the wrong way then they even go with it and make a joke out of it. Sometimes they will be the ones saying it and then I'll give them a hard time for it haha its all in good fun :slight_smile: