1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronic music.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KnightAssassin, Jun 23, 2011.

1. KnightAssassin

come on i know that i am not the only one here .... hardstyle dubstep happy hardcore .. people come on !!! lets have a thread for electronic music :wink: i am always looking for new music .. alpha twinz , basshunter , chrispy are my abc's lets get some favorite artists and dancing going !!!!!!
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPaMdxC6CQI[/YOUTUBE]

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty old school.

[youtube]Pc_-LRzgZoI[/youtube]

Weird and really long story about the first song on that clip - "Behind the Mask". Somehow, Michael Jackson heard it, fell in love with it, and decided to record it. He wrote some new lyrics for it, and had the entire song done, but his new album ended up running rather long, so he shelved it. (The album? Thriller. Ryuichi Sakamoto must be bumming - can you imagine ALMOST getting a song onto the best selling album ever?) The keyboard player on the session Greg Phillinganes decided he liked the song a lot, and so cut it for his first album. He had a modest R&B hit with it.

[youtube]tE5lhnv0QD4[/youtube]

Then, Eric Clapton fell in love with the Greg Phillinganes version, and cut his own version of it. He picked up some airplay with it, and it was part of his live set for several years.

[youtube]64dUqMxxyjQ[/youtube]

Then, finally, last year, Epic/Sony put out a collection on unreleased Michael Jackson music, including "Behind the Mask".

[youtube]fx2ZmhYHxH4[/youtube]

...and frankly, I found it really anti-climactic. It's easily my least favorite version. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some guys at polo like dupstep... But I'm not 100% sure what it is..

4. highlights

Dubstep is so much better than normal techno.
    :grin:
    Love dubstep. I just don't know much of it yet unfortunately. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But I also like the less hardcore, alt-rock/indie electronic music too. Like LCD Soudsystem (saw them live in February, best day of my life. :grin:) and The Postal Service.

5. sdc91

This thread is making me make my first post in a long time.

I LOVE electronic music! I just went to the Above & Beyond show in Santa Cruz and saw Cosmic Gate and Dirtyphonics in SF.

I really like this song right now, Thing Called Love by Above & Beyond edited by Mat Zo. Completely awesome.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1Xk5vE57RM[/YOUTUBE]

(Be sure to use great speakers or put in some earbuds to get everything)

I totally recommend everything on the Anjunabeats label. Armin van Buuren and Dash Berlin are my other favorites, and BT

#5 sdc91, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011