1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Militant Gays

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lulu165, Jun 24, 2011.

1. lulu165

lulu165 Guest

Ive seen that mentioned everywhere on this site but I dont understand what it means. Can someone explain it for me?

When I Google Searched it I found this website Militant gays - Conservapedia but I didnt feel like I could trust it, I mean the phrase under the website name kind of bothered me: "The Trustworthy Encyclopedia" but the definition it said was
    The latter part (In red) is what confused me the most. So are Militant gays, Gay people who want civil rights, marriage, and adoption or just the people who seek to intimidate people?

2. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You've got your info form a right wing anti gay website.

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I can't give you a definite definition on what militant gays are, but i can tell you to take anything Conservapedia says on issues like homosexuality with a grain of salt. The second and third sentences is extremist-right bullshit that shows you shouldn't trust what the website has to say on this topic, regardless of whether that definition resembles the actual definition in any way or not.

4. Stuie

They made a spelling mistake in their title; it should be the trollworthy encyclopedia. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Conservapedia is basically the right-wing nutjob version of Wikipedia. Practically the only use is laughing and being a little terrified at how people can believe it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Like people already mentioned, the definition is completely off.

What I understand when someone says anyone in particular is militant about anything is when they have a "us vs them" mentality. A militant person, to me, would be someone that would go on to hate anyone that opposed them in their beliefs whether they are gay , Christian, atheist or whatever.

6. Rikudo

I lol'd at the source.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Other thing about Conservapedia is unlike most Wikis and Wikipedia, no one can actually edit anything without certain status on the site. After all, they wouldn't want someone like me editing that page into "Militant gays are what we call all homosexuals because they all want to oppress us and make us conform to their ways, which is what we do every day to them."

After all, notice that under Bigotry it actually lists Muslims as users of bigotry.

8. lulu165

lulu165 Guest

I laughed to at the source but didnt want to mention that I found humor in it incase it was actually viable

9. Kidd

Kidd Guest

My favorite gem from Conservapedia....

On topic though, I've always lived under the assumption that a militant (anything) was someone who was mostly faceted around that one issue. The militant gays I know are, gay, GAY, GAY and they talk of nothing else but LGBT rights. It's annoying, honestly.

10. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    A conceited, shallow, irascible person who happens to be homosexual.

11. kwyjibo

This.
    Their article entitled Homosexuality appears surprisingly neutral, but as you can see the rest is biased massively.