1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tarot Cards?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Witchcraft, Jun 25, 2011.

?

Tarot cards are...

1. Evil!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. not sure :s

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. interesting

11 vote(s)
    35.5%
  4. bad luck

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. a bunch of hogwash

18 vote(s)
    58.1%
  6. creepy

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

What's your opinion on Tarot cards?

I myself have always found them fascinating, especially the strange symbolic pictures on them! I would never get my cards read though, I'd be too scared to see them :s but I've been wanting to buy a pack just to have some but I'm not sure if I would want to learn how to read people cards cuse I've heard that it's bad luck >: (

btw if you ever had experiences with them, please post your experience :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#1 Witchcraft, Jun 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2011
  2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a set of cheesy off-brand super hero tarot cards I picked up at the dollar store out of curiosity. I never really learned how to do anything with them, but I think I would be really neat to get my cards read!

3. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Well.. I tried Tv Tarots , and it was completely BS.

"You're gonna be great next year you will marry your GF"

[​IMG]

4. ArcaneVerse

First off why are most of the poll options negative?

I love Tarot cards, I have been meaning to buy some for ages now but haven't been able to because my parents don't want "devil cards" in the house. Which is hypocritical bs.

Do I believe they work in predicting the future and all that? I'm not sure, I believe in the possibility that they are genuine but also in the fact they may be nothing more then pieces of cardboard.

My Dad asked me once, when I asked him if I could use his CC to buy some Tarot cards, where I thought the answers came from? (or something to that effect) I replied with "I don't know but if you can pray and hear voices and feelings from god why cant he use Tarot to get his message through to someone?" he didn't have anything to say to that XD.

I think they are important to some peoples beliefs and so I respect them as such.

Never heard of them being bad luck. Well not on their own anyways.

5. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If there was a "children's toy" option i'd pick that =P

6. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

they're kinda cool, and i guess believe that everything happens for a reason and that there are signs in everything, so they're good to have around, i guess

7. Porphyrogenitus

If I could have, I would've clicked both 'interesting' and 'a bunch of hogwash'. It's the same with most of these things that are supposed to be prophetic - I don't believe in them in the slightest, but it'd be cool if they were real.

8. Ridiculous

Like most supernatural predictions they just work off vagueness; if you get the 'Death' card they'll cover all bases by saying it could symbolise actual death, end of a career, rebirth of something in your life, throwing out the yogurt you have in the back of the fridge etc. There's no possible way they can be 'wrong' because you can insinuate that it applies to so much.

I'd do the same as Porphyrogenitus though, interesting but hogwash.

9. Mogget

I wouldn't mind learning to read Tarot cards as the symbolism behind them is fascinating. As a meditation, I imagine reading them could be a valuable exercise. In terms of learning anything about the future or dealing them to read a current situation in life, hogwash.

10. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Beaten to the punch by the above two posters it seems...

I'd also go with: interesting, but hogwash if you feel they can be used to find out the future. Trying to fit your life to draws of cards and trying to make sense of that can be a useful thought experiment or meditation exercise, though.

11. x2x2x2x2y2

^ my question.

12. Hollowsoul

I own several tarot decks and know how to read the cards the right way I also use orical cards witch is simaller. I use them everyday and i do agree with arcaneverse there's no reason for most of the option to be negative.

13. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

:s my apologies, I really couldnt think of any other poll options, hmm I should've taken out more negative ones but I had accidently put six options and I would've had to go back an re do it :s

I know a few people that have had their cards read, and the person who read them actually told them many specific things that would come true later on, kinda scary :s

14. Mogget

15. adam88

I am very much into Tarot reading. Just don't ask me for a reading if you don't want personal, uncomfortable details to make their way into things.

16. Bibliophile

I have been doing Tarot readings for around the last five or so years and they are an interesting tool nothing more. I don't think these cards ever tell you more then what you already know about a situation. Frankly they are just a method of seeing what is right in front of you in my opinion. As for those that think its all generalizations and cold reading I can tell you I know how to cold read but never use it when I give someone a reading that asks for it. Sure I might use it at a bar when I have a deck just for laughs but that is totally different then a friend asking for real advice. However as I said I don't feel you get any information that isn't already known to you even though so of it might not be consciously known.