1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pride

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beertruck, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Beertruck

Anybody going to any of the Pride stuff today? I'm gonna be at New York. I feel like I almost have to now, considering the whole gay marriage thing.

What about you guys?

2. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

unfortunately, i don't know of any celebrations going on, and even if i did, i don't have the means of getting there- i can't drive and i'm not that skilled of a biker...gah. but i will be celebrating if (and i hope i do) get married some day :slight_smile:

3. alan t

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If I were in New York I'd for sure go! Unfortunately I think my city had some pride events 3 weeks ago and I didn't even know about it.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For the third year in a row, Denver had their PrideFest on the weekend of Father's Day, with most of the events scheduled for the actual day. Why? I mean, my father's been really supportive, but I don't feel like he should be rewarded for that support by me ditching him on Father's Day and going to Pride. :slight_smile:

I did watch the parade in the morning - that's always fun.

Lex

5. Rikudo

Nope I live to far way from Chicago which is the nearest major city.

6. Tracy Lord

I'm not that out yet. Maybe next year....

7. PhantomX

I went to a pride festival in a city nearby yesterday in Augusta, GA. It was it's second annual Pride. It was my first one ever! I had a whole lot of fun volunteering with HRC and seeing the sights and sounds of Pride.

I am really excited for the upcoming Prides i will be attending in the upcoming months. The next one is in my town of Athens, GA. It will be our 1st one ever and i can't wait...it's going to be Sept 23-25. And the last one i'll be attending is in Atlanta on Oct. 8-9 and it's going to be huge! I saw that last yr they had over 300,000 attend...so i will definitely be bringing friends along and trying live it up in the Gay Capital of the South...LOL!

8. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've gone to Melbourne Pride for the last four years. First time was amazing. Fourth time was getting a bit old, although that probably has something to do with the fact that I was working and not just there to have fun.

9. starfish

Ours got moved to September or something like that.

10. AtmaWeapon

My area's Pride was yesterday and I went and marched with my university campus GSA, and hung out with people. It was my first Pride and it was a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to going again next year, I hope.

11. lulu165

lulu165 Guest

I did not go to Seattles pride festival even though they flew the rainbow flag in all. I didnt have a ride, I mean I did, but I was too afraid to ask the person again last night. Going to one is not a step I am able to take yet..

12. Beertruck

So Pride ended up being a lot of fun! I got sunburned though - you can see the outline of my sunglasses. B) = my permanent facial expression now

13. Markio

I went to San Francisco Pride today! I was going to meet up with a friend, but she ended up being unable to go, so I was by myself the whole time. I took a lot of pictures, and bought a shirt with the phrase "Other Team" written like a baseball team logo. :grin:

One thing I noticed is that a lot of people climb things to see the parade. A lot of people will hold on to lightposts, stand on garbage cans, sit on the roof of a bus stop, or climb trees. There were even half a dozen people sitting on the porter potties! :eusa_eh: