1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lifestyles!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lyss, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Lyss

Lyss Guest

I've been dipping more into the peaceful, slightly hippie life style. More tea then coffee, lit candles, and I'm starting an ovo-lacto vegetarian diet. What are you guys into? lifestyle-wise?

2. Markio

Well, I do not eat the following:
    yeast
    gluten
    dairy products

I generally avoid:
    red meat
    alcohol

I walk a lot. To the store, the mall, the library, on hikes, etc. I just got a bike, so I'll probably be one of "those people."

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I tend to avoid any non-poultry meat, more as a taste thing than a matter of health or values. I drink water 98% of the time; that other 2% is 95% soda (which I drink for special occasions) and 5% tea (which I sometimes dabble in medicinally). I walk and bike most places, even when it's against my better judgement, because I'm fiercely defensive of my autonomy (and not insured as a driver, and lacking in a car to call my own). My lifestyle also involves a lot of internet (mostly Tumblr, Facebook, and this forum); my laptop is as much of a part of me as a car is for most people.

And music. I listen to music all the time. I'm listening to it now, in fact, and I find that if I spend a day not listening to music, I actually feel withdrawal of some kind. I also find that music serves the purpose of religion in my life, since relating to song lyrics serves a similar purpose for me that reading a holy book serves for most people. So yeah, music is a huge part of my lifestyle.

4. Just Passing

I'm not a healthy individual of sorts, but I do avoid taking drugs or drinking alcohol in any form. The only drinks I drink are milk and water. I did take tea years again rarely, but dislike it now and coffee made me shake. I also like to walk every so often and ever since starting my job, I've been walking more again on a regular basis for the first time since my Middle School days and am loving it. Getting the opportunity to ride a bike is also exciting too.

And like Gamer am I, I'm a big lover of technology and music. I practically go on the Internet every day and listen to certain music at any particular time (right now it's Steely Dan, but some months ago, it was Hall and Oates). I have a ridiculous habit of collecting DVDs of various TV shows and films and wouldn't get rid of my collection in all the world. :slight_smile:

5. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

6. KnightAssassin

uhh i wake up [ diffrent times each day or night ] i try to make sure i do something everyday wether martial arts run or something ... i sit / lay alone and just think for about 4 hours a day ... a write for about a hour .. study for about 2 hours .. then i get online[ threads facebook twitter online games ] for about 10 hours .... then i cook / eat / other neccesities for about a hour out of the day ..... then i kinda just do nothing for about 2-3 hours a day [ drift into space maybe a movie or music time ] then sleep and restart [ btw those aren't actually like in that order but throught the day it adds up close to that cause i added it up before when i was asked about my schedule for other reasons ]

7. Aya McCabre

I used to walk a lot, though my increasing hip problems are getting in the way of that. It's still my only form of transport, but I'm less likely to go out on walking tracks. Most walking tracks here involve hills and downhill causes just as much pain as uphill. If I walk up a mountain I can't guarantee I'll be able to walk down again. I miss having that certainty.

I'm a vegetarian, only eat free range eggs and only consume dairy products because there are no factory farms here. And by dairy products I mean cheese. I'll probably go fully vegan when I go overseas, or if they approve factory farming in NZ. Milk is a monopoly so there would be no way to know if it was factory farmed. It all gets mixed together.

I do not consume chocolate or coffee in any form unless they are fair trade. I buy fair trade tea and bananas.

I tend to travel a lot when I have money and reasons to go somewhere. Trip number two for this year seems to have fallen through, but I still have at least one (hopefully two) trips planned before the end of the year. If I had lots of money the only thing stopping me from traveling all the time would be spending too much time away from my cats. Does being a cat lady count as lifestyle?

I would also have to include body mod as a lifestyle. Not that I have all that much but mod-related stuff has the potential to take up a lot of my day. It's really only money that's preventing it taking over. Moderate amounts of money = full BME access/IAM = no more free time. Lots of money = running out of skin to play with. Not that both of those won't happen with time......

And I guess queer stuff counts. It's a small scene here to I go to most queer events aimed at my demographic. I also go to a lot of national stuff - all four trips planned for this year were/are queer related. I'm in the process of setting up a queer social group and scheming to get on the board of another, so I suppose that takes up enough of my life to count haha.

#7 Aya McCabre, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  8. Kidd

Kidd Guest

My lifestyle is pretty haphazard. I run and exercise frequently but I also eat whatever I want whenever I want usually, and I consume copious amounts of alcohol in groups and alone shuttered in my room while I watch American Dad and Dawson's Creek. I work 40 hours a week, go to school full time, and somehow still manage to find time for friends. It's kinda hectic.

Music is my life, all kinds of music, and video games, and weepy sad books and movies. Cheap and slutty erotic novels are always good, and the bolder a color is the better. That's my general philosophy on life and I must say that its worked very well up to this point.

#8 Kidd, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2011
  9. Owl47

Out Status:
    Some people
    Exercise, definitely a lot of exercise and hoping to push myself even more(I also need to start eating a bit better; I don't eat junk, but I eat a lot of the same "healthy-ish" meals and need more variety). Internet is also a big one and I spend a lot of my time online. Music is HUGE; I'm either practicing, listening to, or writing music each day. I'm also a student and also work part time.

10. Lotty

I eat alot of meat, but no birds, except chicken. My dad used to cook duck sometimes, or goose, and turkey with christmas, but I don't eat that.
    I try to exercise a lot, I do sit-ups every evening and I walk and bike often.
    And music. Music is my life. I listen to it every day, I sing every day, I dance every day, and I play guitar almost every day.
    I'm also a fan of the emo scene. I'm not emo myself, though my sister says I am, but I think it looks cool. And emo music is cool.