1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things to Do on a Date

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by VentinIntrovert, Jun 28, 2011.

1. VentinIntrovert

I find dating somewhat difficult because I never come up with anything interesting to do. What are good places or things to do on a third date?

2. ICTOAUN

when i go on date nights with my girlfriend we usually go to the movies. watch a movie at home. take walks. cook dinner together, or go to a sit down restuarant. go to the beach, the park, get ice cream, do something crazy. its whatever your date is interested in mostly.

3. Markio

I suggest watching 500 Days of Summer. Nearly every scene is an "interesting" date. Examples include:
    -Going for a walk through Ikea.
    -Eating breakfast for dinner...
    -Playing the penis game in a park.
    -Watching The Graduate.
    I don't really like that movie, because every single thing the characters do is "interesting." Can't indie movies feature ordinary moments?

I suppose it depends on what you want to convey through your date activity. Something more wild will show off your spontaneity or confidence. Something more traditional like a picnic or dancing could make you appear romantic. Something like a concert or the roller disco can make you look more hip and approachable. As long as you do something you are genuinely interested in, otherwise your date may see that you're just trying to impress them.

4. Rikudo

I can't say much however one key thing is don't go out to watch a movie. The first date should be to get to know each other. Save that for maybeh the third date?

5. Tristar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What are you kids up to these days? :lol::lol::lol:

I have never heard of this game of which you speak...but it sounds...interesting. :eusa_clap

(!)(!)

6. Zontar

I can think of one thing right off the bat.

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it depends what you are interested in, but ideally I think its good if you do something which is fun whilst giving you the oportunity to chat and get to know each other. Watching a movie is all very well but its not very sociable.

I say get something to eat, or go for a walk, or go bowling or something.

8. ShebbsIsAwesome

Watching a movie is good and bad... like if you want to actually see that movie, dont watch it on a date, because stuff goes down in those theaters and you miss alot of the good stuff.
    We go for walks.
    We play pool.
    We go to the beach.
    We just hang out at the house.
    We go out to eat.
    We drive around and talk.
    Watch the sunrise/sunset.

9. Rosenrot

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Here's some suggestions for a 1st date but can work well for a 3rd as well:

• Go shopping. Go round different shops, try on different clothes and generally have a laugh. It's free and much better than the cinema or a restaurant.
    • Coffee. Everyone likes coffee or something they sell. Have a chat, get to know the person better.
    • Bowling. Always fun.
    • Mini Golf. Same as above.
    • Go exploring. Find some grassy countryside, wood or a big park and just go exploring, throw twigs at each other or roll around in the grass, is always very fun!

:slight_smile:

10. VentinIntrovert

I find romantic dates a little dull. It's nice once in a while but I'd like dates where I get to do fun stuff that I'd do with my other friends. Examples could be go karting, laser tag, sports, etc. Is what I'm looking for more of a friend or a date?

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was assuming somebody would say "each other". Nobody did in so many words, but enough of you alluded to it. :slight_smile:

I always just thought about all the stuff there was to do in town, and turn that into a date. Try out new restaurants, visit museums or the botanic gardens, go see a local band or a local theater production, go watch a high school team compete. My partner and I love making "crap food" (like spam casserole) and then watching old "mental hygiene" films from the 40s and 50s.

[youtube]THYVh9AhtLk[/youtube]

We've also gone to video stores and looked for the absolute worst film we could find, and rented that.

Lex

12. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

try a walk in the park- it's summertime, so the weather will be pleasant, and since it's a third date, you know each other well enough to make conversation without it being awkward. plus, you can feed the ducks bread crumbs! :grin: the park is fun and romantic, especially at night.