1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awesome Book!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bookworm43, Jun 29, 2011.

1. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

Ok, so I don't mean to sound like the biggest nerd in the history of nerd-dom, but there is a book you guys HAVE to read. It's called Sing You Home, by Jodi Picoult. I don't wanna give it away, but it's basically about a woman who wants to have a baby but can't, and when her husband divorces her, she discovers a little more about her sexuality than she knew. And things get especially interesting when her husband becomes a homophobic right-wing Christian nut job...and things happen...and that's all the information I will allow myself to divulge for fear of ruining the whole book! Seriously, this woman is a freaking genius, and I love all her books. I highly recommend it- it gives some interesting insight to religious homophobia, and it's an eye-opener to give to parents who are less than accepting on your sexuality. It's definitely a keeper, especially if you're a book nerd like me. :slight_smile: And, if you need a name drop, she wrote My Sister's Keeper (WHICH, by the way, has a completely different ending than the movie- much more meaningful and earth-shattering.). One word. GENIUS.

2. kokko

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks for the tip fellow book nerd. :slight_smile: This is now on my to buy list. If you have any more books, please share :slight_smile:

3. TinyDancer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Wow! I am more than half done Sing You Home as we speak!! I agree Jodi Picoult is an AMAZING author, I have seven of her books and they are all so intriguing and I love how she brings up topics that make you think about them & maybe change your opinions. They're just great.

I reallllly hope Ellen DeGeneres is in the process of making this movie, and I really hope she plays the part of Vanessa, that would be awesome. Of all Jodi's books, this one needs to be a movie. Low budget movie, big screen movie, it doesn't really matter. :grin:

4. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

I know I LOVE all her books. And I agree, it needs to be a movie really badly lol