1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

London Pride

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Idonteven, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Idonteven

Anyone going tomorrow? I'll be going to check it out for bit, will be my first Pride :slight_smile:

2. Purple Llama

I wish I was, couldn't make it though cos I've got relatives visiting today. :/ I'm definately going to Brighton pride though, went for the first time last year and loved it! :grin:

3. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A load of my (straight) school friends are going today. I was gonna meet up with one of them and then meet the rest of them there but she cannot go and so I chickened out. :frowning2: may be next year

Also, it's my birthday and I have to meet my dad later so would have been a bit of a rush to get from soho to his house.

4. Katelynn

You guys are so lucky! We don't have any pride events in my city. They tried an annual event started here, but a lot of people in LGBT were afraid to participate as we all live in a very intolerant & homophobic place. They had to cancel it after doing it twice. If I really wanted to go to one, I would have to go to London, ON, Toronto or Detroit, MI now. It really sucks because I'm finally happy with who I am & want to meet other people like me...

5. MaskedPrincess

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I WENT! It was my first Pride too :slight_smile: It was pretty awesome but it's not my scene at all. I'm no party animal and my male gay friend I went with told me off for being 'boring'... I'm sorry, I just cannot dance, and I just rocked from side-to-side :confused: I was in some of the media pictures which is horribly embarrassing since I am not photogenic. I guess I'm 'out' 'out' now since the pics are freely available... I didn't really talk to anyone because I'm shy but it was exciting enough to know that everyone there was gay friendly/gay themselves. I also met this lovely Trans person through another friend who I hope to keep in contact with.

I didn't get as many looks as I thought I would (despite being Mary-sue vanilla looking femme) there were lots of femmes there, (although mostly dykey-looking dykes). I think most thought I was a supporter, my 'Lezzer' badge was just too small and everyone we did speak to thought I was dating my male friend. It's true we'd make a good couple, but there's a mutual lack of sexual attraction. And when he started "grinding" me it was just so awkward I couldn't cope.

My problem now is hiding all of the leaflets from my (loving but prudish) mother. Also the fact that whenever I have a good time I end up feeling guilty and depressed about it the day after... I was there, I love LGBT people, I'm not ashamed of being a lesbian but I'm not 'Proud' per se. Perhaps it’s just a little too soon considering my mate only realised I was gay two days before? Out and then straight to Pride lol. Slightly overwhelming although I'm still pleased I went.

6. Idonteven

aha, I went, I marched with some 'friends' and had one of the best times of my life, I only just got home today (tuesday).

7. HantsBen

I went but not for pride, I didnt even know it was on! My first experience was not good though in the early evening... crap all over the streets, a glass bottle chucked at a lady on her bike riding past which missed and nearly took my face off oh and watching someone puke everywhere.. fun fun!