1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone speak a second language?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ty, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

I speak english (ofcourse) and im learning French and Japanese, considering Russian.

What about the rest of you?

2. Psychedelic Bookmarks

apart from english, i speak (to varying degrees of skill) french, mandarin chinese, german, and japanese. :grin: i adore language learning! it's one of my strenghts.

3. Ty

Ty Guest

Same! languages are fun!

How well can you speak mandarin and japanese?

4. pirateninja

I can sort of speak Spanish and French, not well though.

5. Levi

Levi Guest

My first language is Norwegian. I can speak and understand English, Swedish and Danish as well. I do know some French und a little bit German. I would love to learn more languages like Arabic and Japanese.

6. Psychedelic Bookmarks

my mandarin is passable... low intermeidate i guess. i can have a conversation fine but my vocab is quite limited. my japanese is very bad :frowning2: i've only been learning a year, and i hardly know anything. i can read and write, but again, my vocabulary is my let-down.

7. lodiug

I speak English and Dutch...and a little bit of Spanish.

8. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Completely bilingual (French and English) although i suck at writing french, i can understand it perfectly, even slang and complex verb tenses, but as i said, if you asked me to write down what they are saying, then im shit out of luck.

I'm also taking spanish next year and hope to dabble in italien during college.

9. EthanS

EthanS Guest

I cant speak cantonese english

10. EthanS

EthanS Guest

can* ¬__¬

11. SpikySpice

I speak Vietnamese, English, learning Spanish, I also know one or two words of Chinese and Japanese lol, but that aint count u.u
    ------
    This one is offtopic but anyone dany dose sign language? Wanna learn American sign language

12. EthanS

EthanS Guest

i thought theres only one type of sign langueg :confused:

13. SpikySpice

well, i guess American got its own sign language

#13 SpikySpice, Nov 16, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  14. Nicknikko

yeah there are certain variations from american sing language to european sign languge..

yeah i speak English, French and Spanish fluently... i'm a little flluent in Italian. Greek and russian i'm sorta fluent... well not really but i do know some vocab:lol:

15. Spark

Spark Guest

I speak chonga fluiently:icon_bigg

16. dictionary

I learn Japanese its good cause none in my family has a clue about it so when they ask me to say something i just make it up and pretend to be realy smart it makes me feel good :slight_smile:

17. NkyJ

English and French of course!

18. surfrboykai

english and pidgin. though some people don't consider pidgin an official kine language. but it is! it has a name (hawaiian creole english) and has it's own grammatical structure.

19. emerald

English, obviously. Both the UK and American brand. And Spanish, but with a lot of Puerto Rican slang. A bit of Arabic, and a couple words in a few other languages.

20. davo-man

Only English unfortunately, but I did 8 years of Italian in Primary School (I remember little to nothing) and 2 and a half years of Indonesian at High School (I remember very little of it)

Just out of interest to thos who speak more than one fluently, particularly those who speak a different language at home to what they speak at work/school...what language do you think in?...Like say if you were thinking about a problem you were having, do you do it in the one you speak at home, or at school/work?