1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haircut!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by solarcat, Jul 4, 2011.

1. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I need a haircut. Really bad. But I hate getting them. I have to sit in a chair for like, forever, and then ask for it to get cut a little shorter, more waiting... That's why I only get my hair cut, like, three or four times a year.

What about you folks? How often do you get a cut? Do you cut it yourself? Could you tell me how?

Gah, freaking hair in my face!:***:

2. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

lol i get my haircut less often than you- probably once a year, if my mom makes me lol

3. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

I want my own clipper to cut it myself, but I still haven't gotten one, idk why. But, yeah, I go every 2 months ish because I like my hair short and if I can, I go home and shower right after.

4. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I get a hair cut every 2 weeks. My barber is mobile, so he comes to me at my convenience.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I wake up looking like Simba, it's time to get my hair cut. A guy opened a barber shop in the building next door, and I've been going there, because he's really nice and does a good job.

Lex

6. Katelynn

I hate getting my hair cut & love that I grew it long again!

If you don't like going to get your hair cut, maybe you can get one of those home hair trimmer thingies. My mum has one & it seems to get the job done for my dad OK...

7. Just Passing

I didn't have a haircut throughout 2010 and it got really irritating near the end of the year, but I now have a haircut every four or so months, on the instance of a certain figurehead. :grin:

That being said, I really want to grow my hair long (or longish) again, as short hair really feels odd on me.

8. Danny19

my hair grows really fast. i dislike having long hair since my hair is curly its gets to that awkward stage where i cant do anything with it and its just a mess... so i have to cut my hair like once a month

9. The Dudeh

The Dudeh Guest

My hair grows really fast as well, which is pretty annoying cause it means I have to get it cut more often which I don't enjoy. Getting my haircut just results in awkward conversations with my hairdresser, but she is really good :slight_smile:

10. Hayley

Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish my hair grew fast, I've been growing mine out for about a year waiting for it to get to the right length to style it and I really wanna dye it

11. Kidd

Kidd Guest

My hair is cut every three weeks, like clockwork. I get it buzzed short, to like a 1 or a 2 on the back and sides, I'm not really sure what my stylist uses, and then it's faded up the back with bangs in the front. It looks sort of like this except shorter and thinner. I have to straighten it every morning which is a total pain in the ass sometimes but that's the price we pay for beauty.

[​IMG]

12. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I've considered cutting it myself, but I don't know how. The first time I cut my own hair (the night before a job interview) it didn't look good. But the next time it looked better, so...

The barbershop I went to last time, there was nothing to do but sit and look at a TV (with my hearing problems, I coudn't hear it) or stare at a large poster of a muscular, shirtless, sweat-drenched male model. Maybe I'll go back there. :icon_wink

13. Ridiculous

I wouldn't try to cut more than a centimetre or so off yourself. It's far to confusing (for me, anyway) trying to operate scissors in a mirror, cos it's all inverted, and you can't see the back and so on.

Maintenance is okay to do yourself though; i.e. every 2 weeks or so just go over and snip of the ends all over, allowing you to keep the same style relatively easily - although if you do this for too long it will probably end up being completely different to how it started.

14. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I need it about seven or so centimeters shorter, though (now that I think about it, my last haircut might have been about five months ago). Maybe I'll get it done by a person, then try occasional maintanance...

15. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's kinda sad how many people hate it. Having your hair brushed at least is one of the few joys of life. Personally yeah I hated hair cuts when I was young and I mean I still don't always like going, but when someone brushes my hair, that part is just extremely soothing, especially if they do it right.

16. Katelynn

I've never had anybody brush my hair! :frowning2:

17. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I never brush my hair, unless I'm about to get it cut. I like looking like I just woke up.

18. Kso1995

ive been cutting my hair about once every month but now that im growing my hair out i havent gone for about 6months and no i dont cut my hair

19. nerdyboy87

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have a set of clippers, so I do my own. It's much cheaper. On the other hand, it can be aggravating trying to even it all out, and the fretting about did I get it all. This is why I usually cut it really short, like either no guard at all or a number one. Then it's really easy to see if it's even, lol

20. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I get it cut I think every 6 weeks