1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who would you vote for?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dictionary, Nov 16, 2007.

1. dictionary

Who would you vote for if you could/can?
    Dont have to say what party but like what they would stand for...

2. Steam Giant

I would vote for Bruce Campbell to be the first King of the World!

3. waitingsucks

I expect that you're talking about the Australian Federal Election. I think that Leberal and Labor really don't have enough difference between them to make me want to vote for one of the other. My dream party would stand for education, (actual education, instead of this pre-election bull) It would be good if they could give more funding to public schools, only because I think it's necessary for private and public to be treated equally and be able to have the same facilities necessary for a good eduction.
    I think that'd be good for now

4. xxAngelOnFirexx

i don't want to vote. it makes no difference. i am an ant at the bottom of the ant hill. only the people in high place make a difference (i've felt this way ever since Bush got into office because he relative went against the states majority and voted yeah when they said no.)

5. dictionary

I talk in general.. so like around the world....
    Yeah i think an party that acutualy did care about education would be good....
    the funding should be atleast equal between public and private schools

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    So you are going to let an idiot like Bush keep you from having a voice in politics? Morgan, I hope when you are around 18 you will change your mind about this. Little people DO make a difference! Your voice and your vote do count! OK, I'll get off my soapbox now. :icon_bigg

7. dictionary

Yeah isnt bushes aproval at like 10% (proberly not)

8. waitingsucks

Well I think I would vote if I could. This may sound stupid but I think that every1 should have the right to vote, I don't wanna wait till i'm 18. I do realise that if younger people got to vote politicians would take advantage of it, but as if they're not doing it with every1 now. In Australia, There was a whole group of people who thought that they should get extra votes for the amount of children they had, I disagree with the sucessfullness of this idea, but I still think that the laws and regulations about voting should be given another look!

9. dictionary

I dont think it would be taken advantage of i think it would make better laws because the polititians would actualy have to listen to the vocies of the young people

10. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yes, its strange they will get 15 year olds get behind the wheel of a car but they can't vote. I am all for lowering the voting age!

11. davo-man

I personally and thinking that Labour is a better choice than Liberal, cos I can't understand why John Howard is still running when he's just gunna quite pretty soon anyway....and why wont he tell us when he is stepping down?...As soneone said sometime, "What do men with power want? More power" He's just not willing to let go even though it's his time to go

Also, I like the idea of every kid in the nation having a computer and broadband at school. And I don't get what's so bad about Unions?...can someone please explain that to me?

12. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

If it isn't it should be, he's the worst president we've ever had.

13. dictionary

There is alot that 16 and 17 year olds can do that you would think you would have to be fairly responcable and mature to do....
    Drive a boat car and plane... in australia have sex, leave school, join the army, go into full time employment....
    And if you have a job you could pay taxes and you would most sertinly contribute through GST
    Also at 17 you are old enough to ENROLE to vote but not to actualy vote...

I thought the majority of people were members of their union? so whay do people have a problem with them.....

14. Psychedelic Bookmarks

when i can vote here in britiain, i'm not sure. the thing is, i live in a conservative stronghold where labour is just never ever going to win, not even if hell freezes over. liberal democrats, on the other hand, could maybe swing it if all the non-tories got together. so i guess i'd probably vote lib dem if i was still here, or labour if i was somewhere else where it might count. :slight_smile:

(dunno if anyone else is aquainted with the british electoral system... lol)

15. Jeimuzu

Lib Dem. This is Britain, by the way, that I'm referring to.

After all, we let in the Tories, and they screwed up.

Sooo, we let in Labour. They screwed up.

It appears that we're probably gonna let in the Tories next, and they're gonna screw up. Of course, the solution people will take is to replace them with Labour. Guess what they'll do?

If both parties suck so bad, why doesn't England vote Lib Dem? At least they deserve a chance!

Either way, they say to get rid of tuition fees, which will be too late for me, but it's disgusting how people always say education should be free, and then let people like me get into £9,750 debt just on tuition fees alone. Altogether, you can probably double that to get how much debt I'll leave university in.

16. Psychedelic Bookmarks

that's true. i guess people are just afraid of the lib dems, because they've never done it before...

17. xequar

Becky, let's be perfectly honest here. For those of us in the United States, one's vote really DOES NOT count for anything. Let's remember that my first election was the 2000 presidential election, you know, the one that George W. Bush LOST by almost 2 million votes and yet still became president of the United States. I actually saw a really good bumper sticker the other day... "It's not the person that CASTS the vote that matters. It's the person that COUNTS the vote." And I believe the quote was attributed to Joseph Stalin. Trouble is, here in the United States, we've reached that point. How else was Bush able to get, let alone keep, the presidency?

Honestly, the only reason I vote is so that I don't feel bad as I'm bitching about the shabby state this country is in.

18. Dizzy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If that was true, surely it wouldn't be KNOWN that he got fewer votes? Just a thought...

As for myself, I'm not sure. Labor seems to have a tendency to be eroding individual rights, and as I subscribe to the liberal philosophy of "Rights" not "Goods", in other words governments establishing the rights of people and then enforcing those rights, rather than making laws that aim to bring about what is good, but which might contravene individual rights. Recent terror legislation and the proposed ID cards point to Labor's tendency to the latter. That leaves the Conservatives and the Lib Dems. Of the two, I am honestly not sure. If push came to shove however I would probably vote Lib Dem, because I feel they need a chance to show what they can do.

19. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd vote for Clinton. And I mean BILL Clinton. Just because of his affair with Monica Lewinsky. How many people can say that they've had sex in the Oval Office?

(As a side note - they impeached Bill Clinton because he had sex with a woman other than his wife, but Bush is still there after starting a war just because)

20. xequar

Three words-Diebold Election Systems