1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else a softy romantic at heart?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by thevedman, Jul 8, 2011.

1. thevedman

When it boils down to it are you a massive softy? To be perfectly honest I am definitely in the softy category... with the one boyfriend I've had I loved a good cuddle on the sofa, and I reckon I'm a sucker for the whole being swept off my feet by a big manly man... anyone else? Or is this just cause I've been to the pub and had one too many pints?!

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not really a softy, maybe a little mushy. I like doing romantic things, but as far like romance movies or books go....not so much

3. Zontar

I've never felt particularly romantic or soft or anything like that...it's been enough that I briefly wondered whether or not I was "a-romantic".

4. thevedman

Yeah actually I suppose I'm not that big on the chick flicks/romance movies... but all the other stuff I definitely go in for... massive softy:lol:

5. DareToEatAPeach

I can be a romantic when I want to. But holy crap the movies make it look so easy, actually organizing special events or gifts is really difficult and time consuming. So I only do extra romantic things when I'm in a really good mood.

6. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

One of my friends gave one of the best descriptions of me I've ever heard when she said, "My favorite thing about you is that beneath your verbosity and sometimes callous exterior, you are the biggest softy. Like, ever." I've managed to make quite a few females squee by giving them a glimpse of just how romantic I can be. When I dated a guy, we used to watch things on his TV while in each others arms, and it was really nice. We also once spent a good portion of an afternoon cuddling on my bed, and it was wonderful.

You needn't use quotation marks or a hyphen; aromantic is a legitimate term. See AVENwiki's entry on the term.

7. thevedman

Agreed. The movies make it look way too easy. But I still like the thought of the romance thing... I think it can work occasionally, or at least I like to think it can.

---------- Post added 8th Jul 2011 at 09:24 PM ----------

That's what I loved as well... the simplest things can be really special in these instances.

8. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Maybe it's just me, but romantic gestures that require that kind of effort don't seem all that romantic to me. A night of lying in each others arms combined with a few expertly chosen words whispered in my ear will have a much greater and longer-lasting impact on me than events or gifts that required a lot of time, effort, or money. For me, it's all about showing how much you care by showing the care itself, not by giving me "things" or taking me "places".

For example, for all of the things the guy I dated did for me like taking me to a concert, taking me out to dinner at numerous places, and generally going out of his way to visit me and spent time with me, the most romantic thing he ever did came down to six simple words. The first time we were getting intimate, my legs were shaking because of how new the experience was and how nervous I was, even if I didn't feel it, and he said to me, "You don't have to be nervous," in an extremely reassuring way. The tone of it, the timing, the care behind it, and just about everything about it was perfect. That one phrase meant a lot more to me than anything else he could have done ever would have, and it couldn't have been easier.

So, in short, though this might not apply for everyone, for me, the most romantic things you can do are actually quite easy.

9. thevedman

It's a bit of both for me... probably the most meaningful for me are the simple things, I think lying on the sofa together watching crappy tv feels amazing and way better than huge romantic gestures. But at the same time, doing something out of the ordinary and over the top once in a while is kind of fun. Not that I've had much (or any really) experience of the latter!

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am, my bf a little less so. Example he's not as much of a chick flick guy for example as I am. And you gotta admit, chick flicks are often romantic films (well romantic comedies)

11. Bibliophile

I love classical wine and dinner and candles and cuddling. I am a sucker for that sort of thing. I really wish I could find someone to spend those sort of evenings with.

12. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    I'm a romantic in theory; haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

13. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I think, I THINK! I'm sorta a hopeless romantic.....ca

But I'm not sure, don't plan to have a bf.. anyway ... :cry:

14. Just Adam

Love romance.

Dream of a nice cuddle and kiss.

Love being swept off feet ( not literally I'd break his back) but flowers , chocolates, breakfast in bed, gifts, romantic days out.

All that stuff makes me happy. Sofa+tv+popcorn+bf= perfect

15. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

I'm definitely a romantic. :grin:

16. Lolguy

I'm horrible at it. And because of that, I make it known to my partner right away that I'm not the super romantic type, just because I don't pull it off too well.

17. Markio

I don't know if this counts, but whenever I give someone a gift, I usually draw their portrait or something. It's time-consuming, but it's fun and cheaper than buying something from the store. I don't think I have any accurate gauge of what is very romantic or not.

18. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Totally with you. The disclaimer goes right after I introduce myself haha

19. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I'm a softy romantic alright. :slight_smile:

20. Katelynn

I'm definitely a romantic at heart. I've always seen those romantic comedies or romantic dramas where the girl has her date pick her up, give her flowers, they go for a romantic candlelight dinner in a nice restaurant, then back to his/her place where they cuddle on the couch while snuggling in front of a fireplace with a glass of wine. I've always wanted to have that kind of date & be that girl, only the sweetie I just happen to be snuggling with is also a girl too. I'd give anything to have a romantic evening like that!