1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you draw?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by solarcat, Jul 10, 2011.

1. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Just curious, how good are you at drawing? Do you have a specific style?

For instance, I can draw okay, I think. Sometimes it's almost good, sometimes I have to shred it, so no one can see it. I'm still learning, though, can't draw certain poses, people touching, certain angles, certain body parts.
    ... ah, maybe I do suck.

For example, I drew my avatar. I'm not used to coloring or scanning my work, though, so I can do better. And, as you can see, it's an anime-inspired style.

So, what about you folks?

2. Bolin

When I was younger, I used to be able to draw old 80's and 90's anime characters'...heads (not the bodies. xD ). However... I lost my "ability" and can no longer even draw a straight line. xD

3. Zontar

I must have tried for months last year. In the end, you either have it or don't.

4. DefineNormal

DefineNormal Guest

I got obsessive about drawing anime last year so can do it pretty well- although not to japanese standards :frowning2: but unfortunately I now can't draw in a non-anime way... ah well...

5. Bolin

That's starting to happen to my youngest sister now. She used to be able to draw real-looking faces/bodies/scenery, but now, all she draws is manga and anime girls. Whenever she tries to draw something realistic, it still has heavy hints to anime in it. :lol:

6. 4alex6

I've tried to draw 3D buildings and animals and I completely suck at it. :frowning2: I actually learned that if you are left-handed then you have a better chance at becoming a good artist because your right hemisphere of your brain is more associated with that type of skill. If you are right-handed then you use your left hemisphere of your brain more often and well that part of your brain is not associated with art skills. Oh well :slight_smile:

7. Kosie345

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I used to draw quite a bit, but it's getting hard to find the time. I even went to the trouble to put up a deviant art profile.
    kosie345.deviantart.com

I have a very realistic style. I wish I could draw as expressively as some other artists. But I like having control over the amount of detail I put in. I started with plants and flowers but lately I only do faces. I just need to practise more.

8. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't draw. At all. Even my stick figures are wrong. I stick to photography.

I did try, several times actually, to master the art of doodling. I do have an art project that I did ages ago of a bird's eye view of some skyscrapers, as well as some ideas for rooms in my dream house I drew with my sister last year that aren't totally worthless.

I prefer to admire and support the work of those who are better suited for the art world. I want to start a collection someday.

9. Not especially. I mean, once in a while I'll come out with something kind of cool like a picture of an anatomically correct robotic heart or a bird's silhouette or something I didn't realize I could draw. I wish I could draw whatever I like.

But I'm taking a drawing class in fall, so we'll see how that goes.

10. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My theory is that 1 in 3 drawings I do are worth their existence.
    I don't draw unless I am motivated, and then it has a 66.6 continued percent chance of being absolute crap that makes me hate myself.
    Then again, I might strike the 33% chance and create something worthwhile, but even then it's not anything mind blowing.

11. blikeo

i can draw flags,bunkers,weapons,and vehicles.
    i have a limited amount of ability

12. LockerPanda

I've been drawing ever since I had the dexterity to hold a pencil :grin:
    As for style, I tend to go into surrealism and realism more often than not :slight_smile:

13. Flyers2011

I can't visualize something in my head and put it on paper very well. I can do lines, arrows, and graphs. Most of the time it just makes sense to me. But nothing really complex

However, if you give me a picture of something I can draw it fairly well. That's not hard though, so it's not really a skill haha.

14. RaeofLite

My sketches are in a folder on my personal profile page.

15. GaysunshinexD

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can draw o.o

16. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

Illustrated two books in Canada before the age of 18...I think I’m pretty okay :wink:

17. Eric

My abilities in art are quite lacking, to say the least.

18. TraceElement

Nope. So much for the theory that all lefties can draw... Can't even draw a straight line.

19. Markio

I'm left-handed and can draw well. :wink: At least I think so. My style is usually realistic, or else generically cartoony. My medium of choice is pencil and paper. I don't know how to draw electronically at all.

When a lot of people see my drawings, they'll say, "I didn't know you could draw!" Am I the only one who thinks that sounds funny? Like shouldn't it be, "I didn't know you could draw as well as you do" or something?

20. Totoro

To some degree. I've taken art classes up until the end of high school. Haven't done anything outside of that. I can draw portraits decently (though not quite proportionately but good enough that you can't tell). I'm quite good at drawing skeletons proportionately and filling them in, and have a good sense of anatomy because I studied it xD (It helps to understand where most muscles are)
    I can draw anime better though x_x
    but I am generally one for graphic art