1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Gay Memory?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zec24, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Zec24

I'm not sure if we have already had a thread like this, but I saw one like this before on another site and had fun reading it. Basically, its just when you think back what is the first gay memory you can remember? You might not have realized it at the time, but thinking back it is a lightbulb moment.

I think for me it has to be in kindergarten. My friends and I used to play tag at recess and we would split into boys vs. girls. I would always be on the boys team. One of the girls in my class asked me one day why I was always on the boys team. My reason was because I wanted to chase the girls and be chased by them:icon_redf .

There are others too, but that is the earliest one I can think of.

2. crimsonarcher

mine is when i was in kindergarten, i would play "kiss the boy" with the boys on the playground. wonder what those kids now think of me ......

3. xxAngelOnFirexx

well the first thing i remember is in third grade and the girls were beginning to develop breasts and i kept asking my friends if i could touch theirs! :icon_redf :grin:

4. Grof142007

Nap Time i would always crawl by the door and look at all the boys while they sleep

5. CrimsonThunder

The other day at work I was doing a birthday party and the kid (about 8 years old I think) Just kept staring at me, and when I walked away I said to myself "yep, he'll be gay". lol

As for my first memory... I cant remember.

6. waitingsucks

I was reading a music magazine (I was 10) and was transfixed on a photo of a shirtless guy in the ringtone and wallpaper section/ad, I was like wow he looks really strange, but I didn't think about it that much. lol

7. Vampyrecat

um...I was about 11, and I went on camp, and saw prepubescent girls in bathers....much hotter then the guys in my opinion...

8. pirateninja

At 7 years old, wondering if when I grow up I'd marry my best friend.

9. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was 7 my parents signed me into the local ice hockey team, and there was a boy my age who I was staring at the whole time, but didn't really know why, it just felt good. We weren't friends or anything, but I always thought he was very sympathetic (that's the word I used in my mind for many years to justify my urge to look at other guys). But I remember clearly that even at that age, it was sexual attraction that I was feeling...I was looking at him "down there" and somehow his face looked so soft, I always wanted to touch it.

A couple of years later I quit playing ice hockey and I saw him a few more times over the course of 10 years...he died in an accident 2 years ago :icon_sad: :icon_conf

10. JSG

JSG Guest

I'm sorry sngl (*hug*)
    i have a terrible memory, I can't recall my first memory, but I do remember that i always wanted to see boys naked :grin:

11. Psychedelic Bookmarks

i don't really have a gay memory... :frowning2: i always wondered whether i might be gay, but my parents convinced me i wasn't, or that i couldn't know at that age, so i tried not to think about it. it's only now that it's harder to ignore my feelings that i've acknowledged it.

EDIT: actually, i think i have one. i used to watch neighbours obsessively, and when i was about 8 they had a lesbian plot (that was quite shocking then). i had considered being gay before, but i had never even seen a girl kiss a girl or anything, and i had no idea how it might work. when i saw the lesbians on neighbours, it really hit me hard. i suddenly thought "hey that looks fun". i tried to tell my mum "maybe i'm gay, would that be okay?" and she just said that i only thought that because the soap was confusing me (read leading me astray) and that it couldn't really be true. which was quite upsetting for me after i'd deliberated bearing my soul to her for days :frowning2: so then i kinda shut myself in the closet again and didn't consider it until... as i say, it became too obvious. but i guess i could have known by the fact that i've always got obsessions with female actors and teachers that really consumed me, not like other little girls. whereas with boys, my interest in them always fizzled out quicker.

#11 Psychedelic Bookmarks, Nov 19, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  12. sdc91

I don't have a single earliest memory, but I remember when I was around 6 years old that I would get a fuzzy feeling in my stomach whenever I saw a hot guy. Of course, I didn't figure out what it meant until around 7th grade.

13. Ty

Ty Guest

urhm ooh i remember when i was little i saw a picture of a shirtless man and woman in a magaziene perfume advert maybe or something and i was staring at the guy and my dad caught me and said "staring at the lady huh?" i just went red lol

14. Tom

Tom Guest

it musta been in a tennis court at school when i was mabe 9 or 10.

i was there with a few friends, it was windy and i found out tht if you chucked clothes at the wire mesh fence thing they stuck there, it started off with just coats but it ended up with 2 of them running round the tennis courts fully naked and i cudnt help but watch.

15. Dizzy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn't realise I was bi until quite recently. The most recent thing I can remember was about was around two/three years ago, when I had a dream about another classmate. Although I rejected it then, two years later it formed part of the build up to me admitting to myself that I was bisexual.

Although since this is a boring memory, I wish to cheat the rules and give the funniest memory instead. This was a few months after I had come out to my best friends and my girlfriend who was ex by the time this happened. The guy my crush on whom I had used to recognise my bisexuality, walked into the room. He is one of those guys who mucks around, 'pretend' feels up other guys etc. Well he walks into the room and walks behind the person nearest the door, who happens to be a friend of mine, and grabs him from behind, basically groping him for a second before running off laughing. And there I was, a few feet away, fuming quietly. "Why wasn't I standing there?" I pouted to myself! :icon_wink

16. Psych!

Psych! Guest

I find mine to be kind of embarrassing.

When I was about 4-5 I convinced my parents to buy me a Ken doll.
    When I got home I just stripped him and I wouldn't let go of him.
    I'd eat, sleep, and bathe with that stupid thing.

:icon_redf :icon_redf :icon_redf :icon_redf :icon_redf :icon_redf :icon_redf :icon_redf :icon_redf :icon_redf

17. Astaroth

Ha! I haven't thought about this in a while, but about the earliest memory I have must be when I was around 7 or 8. I was at a friend's house and we were acting like superheros and stuff. Anyway, my friend decided he was going to be a wrestler and for some reason I decided to be the girl cheering him on outside the ring. :roflmao: Thinking back on that now is just hilarious. I was all like.... "My hero!" *swoon* :lol:

18. SlickyPants

My earliest gay memory was when I was about 4-5 years old and me and my buddy had built a cardboard-box fort and we started wrestling in it. There was something about wrestling with him that excited me and although I didn't know it at the time, it is quite clear to me now that it was probably when I first realized I liked guys.

And then growing up playing ice hockey and seeing the other boys in the dressing room getting dressed and undressed, etc.

I never thought of this as anything. I just knew I liked other guys. The one rule that my parents set (which I eventually broke) was that touching my friend's pecker or letting him touch mine was forbidden.

Good times and good memories.

Thinking back on it now I realized I must have been pretty careless in those days. I never thought the stuff I did was wrong and I didn't really make an effort to hide it from my parents. The very fact that my parents had to make a rule about playing penis-lightsaber battles makes me think that they had some inkling that I might turn out to be gay. Nevertheless it still shocked my mother when I told her.

19. AlmightyFluffy

I was four years old and saw a picture of the statue of David. For like, the next four years I thought that I had some weird curse that caused my wang to get stiff when I saw pictures of naked guys.

I was weird.

20. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Didn't realise I was gay till I was about 12/13, but when I did a lot of things started to make sense.

I always preferred to play dolls with my sister and her friends than play with my brothers. And when I went on holiday when I was 8-10 I couldn't help but stare at the older guys, and there were guys on TV i fancied. Plus I loved to wrestle with my friends