1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have just noticed the irony of Jesus Christ

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by British Lad, Jul 13, 2011.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I was watching a video on Youtube and know Jesus Christ Ironic death, He is a carpenter's son nailed to a WOODEN cross. Talk about Ironic, just imaginon if it was his Dad (his earthly )or him that made it, that would be super Ironic.
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIIknwATn-U&feature=feedrec_grec_index_more[/YOUTUBE]

2. Shevanel

3. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I don't want to say this about a man who was almost beaten to death, then nailed to a cross and left to die, but...
    LOL.
    How ironic would it be if the nails were also made of iron?
    Well, actually, that wouldn't be more ironic, just punnier.

4. kettlkorn

^^^ Sounds like you NAILED it.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll again remind people... posts that are offensive to other users or disrespect them or their beliefs are not permitted according to our Code of Conduct.

This thread may be offensive to people who are Christian and/or have a strong belief in God. It's fine to have your opinions, but if in stating them, you offend others, that isn't OK. So please keep it polite so it doesn't degenerate into another flamefest about religion.

Thanks!

6. JudasKissedHIM

How do you comment on this thread without violating the code of conduct? :confused:

7. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Point of information: the idea of ironic punishments in hell comes from Dante Alighieri and his work Inferno, which is basically self-insert bible fanfic, not from the bible itself.

8. fallendream

There have been several threads that I can name which have been allowed to exist, one thread even threatened several members of EC directly and told them they should go to hell. I reported that post and it took about a week to get locked, despite a moderator replying within an hour and telling me the thread was within EC rules. How is this thread any worse?

9. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

My guess is Chip was trying to prevent this thread from becoming like the threads you mentioned. In other words, it isn't worse, yet.

10. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Staff is trying to be more proactive about nipping these threads in the bud before they degenerate into flamefests. It is sometimes a judgement call but in general, we are clamping down more on threads that are disrespectful of others, in part because we have so many new members joining and want to ensure that this is a safe place for people to post even if they are not familiar with the community.

If you've reported a thread and nothing's been done within 8-12 hours, please PM any of the staff. Once in a while, a thread report will get buried in the staff area if a lot is going on at that time. If you email any staff member and don't like the response you get, feel free to post in "ask the staff" and the staff as a whole will consider your request. We try to be evenhanded and consistent, but we're all human and sometimes have differing viewpoints or can otherwise see things in different ways. The "ask the staff" inquiries should always ensure that multiple staff people will see and discuss your issue.

11. Bi As A Kite

This thread makes me think of the 'Christ nail' episode of Curb Your Enthusuasm :lol:
    Anyone seen it?

12. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Where the handyman's about to kill Larry, but steps on the nail, resulting in a scene imitating the passion? Seen it! Hilarious.

13. starfish

Humm... I guess the word irony has a different meaning in the UK.

14. Just Passing

It's not Jesus Christ being ironic, there's just a lot of contradiction I've noticed in the Bible. It's a flawed piece of writing, but an enjoyable read nonetheless for its imagery. :slight_smile:

Nope, not to my recollection. :grin:

15. Shevanel

I love that show. This thread is nowhere near as great as that show, however.