1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats Up Wit Dat?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CrimsonThunder, Nov 18, 2007.

1. CrimsonThunder

Its just occurred to me, its ok for straight guys to tell other guys that they look hot! In a joking or serious way.

Going back a few years if any guy said that they'd get beaten for sure, or at least thought of a gay or a freak.

Well I think this is cool. :slight_smile: And a huge step in the right direction of homosexuals being accepted.

I figured this out after looking at lots of peoples myspaces and seeing guys saying other guys are hot. >_>

Its all due to the work from PFLAG and other pro-gay groups... And I've always thought its due to good comedy shows and especially animated shows! Like the simpsons, family guy and american dad as they often show a humorous/nice side of gay people and teach good morals.

2. Bryan

That isnt always the case, but I wish it was.

3. Micah

Another reason you might notice more tolerance and acceptance among people you know is due to age and maturation. As your friends get older, they also become more comfortable with who they are, and can take a compliment like that :slight_smile:

4. Étoile

It really depends on the person, their settings, and maturity level. A few days ago, one guy in my Chemistry class called another guy's baby picture 'cute', and he was serious, and the guy told him he was gay and to never do that again. The guy with the baby pic did tell the other guy that he was a homophobe with a smile on his face a few weeks earlier. :dry:

5. dictionary

Hmmmm at my school you cant walk down the corridore without being spanked and when getting changed for sport boys start wrestling each other half naked and playing chicken and nervous with each other...

6. Nerdtendo

I hear this all the time. ...though it isnt entierly pro...but it's a good step.

Guy: Ok, not saying your gay, but who's hotter, this guy or some other guy?

7. llenadepecas

sometimes the first guy is the guy that's asking the question. as it "who's hotter, him, or me?"

i think society's just changing.

what was completely outrageous a few years ago is fine now.

i go to an all girls school [lucky me] so people are pretty open here. before i moved here i went to a comprehensive, and it was nowhere near as open. so backgrounds a pretty big part of it as well.