1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I stay in Melb =?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CrimsonThunder, Nov 19, 2007.

1. CrimsonThunder

I need a hotel to stay at in melbourne. (not one of those freaky hotels like in the movie I hope) and i want it to be near Rod Laver Arena so I can easily get to the show. =)

Hopefully one of the smart people from EC can help me. :grin: I don't want it to be fancy because I'm not made of money. (just made of sexyness :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

2. TriBi

If you want something basic, and clean, you could look at Formule 1. They are all built to the same sort of plan, usually have bed, colour TV, modular bathroom (but check out the details). They pretty much have no ambience whatever :wink: ...but they are cheap and reliable - what's more there is one in the Melbourne CBD (Elizabeth St.) not very far from Olympic Park/Rod Laver Arena.
    http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W47649&page=1&viewType=all

Even if you want to go a bit more upmarket, using "Wotif" to book online is a good way to save - they offer cheap deals on room rates from a variety of hotels - and you can click your way around the website and usually get pics/descriptions/locations (and possibly maps) of what is on offer.

Hope this helps - Good luck!

3. CrimsonThunder

Thanks TriBi!

Guess I'll have to be using my aunties credit card again as I don't have my own. =P gotta wait till the dates are available though, I'd be scared if they arn't!

4. TriBi

Even if the dates you want aren't available on the website (they only usually run a couple of weeks ahead on Wotif), for somewhere like Formule 1, I think the saving is only like $10 anyway - so if that is OK for you, no reason why you can't ring and book for the date you want - in fact, that would probably be the best thing to do if there is going to be a major concert in the area...likely they will get booked out anyway and won't have anything available at an online discount.

Same goes for anywhere else - but Wotif is a fairly easy way to get comparisons on some of the places available in the Melb. CBD area - even if you don't use them to book.

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

They sound very much like the "Premier Travelinn" and "Travelodge" chains in the UK. £50 per room per night, clean, comfortable and completely predictable, but rather bland and lifeless. They aren't bothered at all about two guys sharing a double room. You book online and can cancel up to midday on the arrival day with no penalty. We always use them.