1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair Dye

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Connor22, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Connor22

Hey, So I have been looking to dye my hair for a while now and finally have the hair length for it to be worth it, thing is I don't know what colour would be good, I don't want a natural colour but what kinds of things do I need to think about for choosing?

2. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What colour is your hair currently and what kinda of colour (broadly) are you thinking of chnaging it too?

3. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    maby a shade of your favourite colour

4. Connor22

my hairs like a furry brown and I was looking to do a silly colour, you know, like green or blue

5. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hahahaha what about a shocking pink?

6. Fiddledeedee

Remember, the colour that will look best and have most contrast will also depend on your skin tone

7. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay; if you want to dye your hair a bright colour here is my advice. Go to your local chemist (or drug store if you're American/Canadian) and get wash-in-wash-out, non-permanent dyes in a variety of bright colours. You can try out different colours and see which you like. If you find one you like then hunt it down in your chosen colour in permanent and dye to your hearts content. If you don't like anything then fine, don't do anything, if you are not sure then buy more non-permanent dye and keep dyeing it for a while so see if you get used to it; if you still don't like it then don't dye it but never dye it permanently if your not sure.
    Because you have brown hair you might need to bleach it first for the colour to stick. If you do bleach you will want to do this in a well ventilated bath room. I'm blonde so I don't have to bleach first, but I've been told that most bleaches give of fumes that can make people feel dizzy or pass out if you don't have fans on/windows open.
    Good luck.

8. Connor22

how about in the middle of a field? jk jk that's great advice, thank you very much :slight_smile:

9. Hayley

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been wanting to go blonde for the longest time dont suppose you're looking for something like that haha I'd say pink!

10. wellhidden

wellhidden Guest

Fluro Green!!!

11. Bosco

I don't know really know what you mean by furry brown but if you're doing highlights (which I think look better and saves you the hassle of dealing with the roots a few months down the road), darker brown looks nicer for contrast.

Make sure you bleach your hair thorough and proper before attempting blue or green.
    Otherwise the colour won't stay on properly and you'll end up with a half brown half teal (almost diarrhea looking) colour xD.

I know, bad for your hair. But if it's infrequent it should be fine. The price to pay for cool looks right? :icon_bigg

12. littleoldme

also ive never died my hair so never had this problem but alot of friends have if your dieing your hair a bright colour consider what colour it will fade to and if you would want that colour

13. Idonteven

can I recommend red? I dye mine red and love it. It fades pretty quick to a nice dull red, orange colour, which sounds horrid but Its really quite nice. At least I like it. My natural colour is a dark brown.