1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Physics Coursework

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tom, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Tom

Tom Guest

ok so i was ill when the teacher set us the homework of designing an experiment for our cwk, it can be anythin that we like aslong as we can do it. but i was ill, as ive already mentioned, and my friends only just told me, and its due in for tomorrow, so any suggestions on what to do?? im in the last year b4 uni and have done, space, momentum, thermodynamics, maping (as in probability tht somet will happen if this happens and then if this changes then what effect will that have on the results) and various other courses but any experiment tht any1 can suggest i do ill look it up and see if i want to do it.

2. Ty

Ty Guest

Gravity! drop an apple on your head!

3. Tom

Tom Guest

lol, u tryin 2 kill me or somet? but i could do someton gravity

would of preferred somet to do with heat so i can use a kettle and mabe make a pot noodle wileim at it lol, or a microwave =p

4. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    You could do friction. It's as simple as pushing your physics book across different surfaces and seeing how long it takes for it to stop.

5. Bryan

Wow, I took a year of physics and the only thing I took out of that class was : Physics sucks

6. Tom

Tom Guest

lol, physics interests me and ive decided to do the efficiency of catapults, so when i said it could be about anythin i really meant it lol.

now all i need to do is design and build a strong enough catapult to withstand multiple tests but flexible enough so that i can change the spring type thing and afew other things, i think i may be restarting woodwork for afew days, im so glad i got the A in that, A* for the practical tho so shudnt be 2 bad, and my dads a carpenter so he may help build it, and cut the wood, and design it, and erm everything lol.

7. sdc91

Did you get that idea from me in the chat yesterday?

Good luck with it! At my school I think you fail if it doesn't shoot like 60 feet or something. Haha.

8. Tom

Tom Guest

lol i didnt get the idea off u, i just thought of a random item, i fought of a paper ball so i just asked how i could experiment with it so i decided on a catapult and see how far i cud get it lol