1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age ranges

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bowie, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Bowie

Someone made a thread about "sizual" orientation. Going more or less on the same path, I was wondering: how old are the people you are most attracted to? I've found that I have a more or less narrow "age range" centred on my own age. I'm 19, and I find that I prefer men from around 16 or 17 to the early 20s (I'll say around 23 or so).

How does that work for you?

2. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    at first sight attraction about 18 to 35.
    but if i meet a guy, he might not be attractive as such, but he has a very very attractive good personality then up to 10 years older than me...

My hubby is 10 years older than me but a wonderfull person non the less (he is an opera performer.

3. QuestionMark

QuestionMark Guest

Well, when you're younger I think perhaps age would matter a bit more. Like, I'm 14 and I wouldn't be attracted to an 10 or 11 year old, that would just be a little weird in my opinion. But I don't know, a 24 year old attracted to a 20 or 21 year old, that would be more normal. Personally, I am also most attracted to people in my immediate age range, about a year younger to 2-3 years older. As I get older it will probably change.

4. jimjim

Hmm, Well, I don't like people too much older than me, maybe a year or 2 at most. And several years younger. Unfortunately people that are a several years younger generally aren't interested back :-(

@questionmark lol am I weird then? Haha. Don't worry, I know I am :slight_smile:

5. Katelynn

I'm 35 but the girls I always tend to be most attracted to are usually between 23 and 39 years old. I always feel a little funny when she's like so much younger than me too; it feels really awkward & I feel like I shouldn't be attracted to a girl who is in her early 20's. It actually causes me a little bit of stress sometimes, especially since I'm afraid of what others will think and whether I'll have anything really in common with her...

6. QuestionMark

QuestionMark Guest

@jimjim XD I'm weird too. But I have siblings around that age, and I really want to have kids when I grow up, and I babysit, and I read to children at the library and stuff, so I would just find it weird to be attracted to a ten year old or something...but that's just me :slight_smile:

7. Bassbolt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For some reason, I get along a lot better with people one or two years younger than me. The youngest I've liked is 13.

8. jimjim

Maybe not 10, depends on who it is though. But there are certainly quite a few fine 12/13 year old guys at school :-D

But I won't thread jack, haha.

#8 jimjim, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  9. fallendream

I don't know, it's not so much age as how old someone looks; if we're talking totally looks-based.

I'd willingly date someone upto 4-5 years older than me, but that'd be a little weird socially. I'm attracted to the ages 15-20~ (there are some exceptions, but there are exceptions to most things).

10. Rinto

Rinto Guest

For me, it would just be around 2 years younger or older around my age. It's just that.

But when we can talk about the looks or and level of attraction of a person to me and me to him/her, it could be up to 10+ my own age...

11. Bowie

That makes sense. I liked younger people when I was your age (and writing that makes me feel horribly old :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

Yeah, I agree with that.

12. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm, as a rule of thumb, attracted to guys my age or older. I've always been more attracted to older guys - NOT Hugh Hefner, mind you - but anywhere from 3-5 years older.

I'd totally give a guy younger than me a shot though, but no one under 18 because I'd be uncomfortable with that. I think my attraction to men slightly older than me stems from the fact that I see anyone younger than me as one of my siblings, which instantly dampers any sexual attraction I may have to them... But maybe I'm overanalyzing again.

13. GuardianKitten

My boyfriend's 2 years younger than I am, that's about as much younger as I'm willing to go.
    Older... i'm 17, i think the oldest I'd be willing to go is 20

14. Fiddledeedee

In my year or the year above at school, so between 13 and 15.

15. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 19 and generally prefer people who are older than me. My girlfriend is 20, so a year older, but I've had some celebrity crushes as old as their early 40s!! However I wouldn't actually date someone that old - probably late 20s is as far as I'd go.

16. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

mine is kinda wide lol- i'm 14 goin on 15 and i have this crush on a senior in my marching band (who i think is 18)- and i like older celebrates, like Mila Kunis. i wouldn't date someone too younger than me thou- maybe that's just my age immaturity lol

17. BenIsScared

I'm 17 and like guys down to 15, and up to maybe 24ish.

18. AllSmiles

From 16 to 24 I think :slight_smile:
    When I was 15 I really liked a guy who was 24 at the time and we even went on a date together :slight_smile: And when I was 16 I had something going on with a guy who was 22 :slight_smile: But I'm generally attracted to people who are older than me, but no older than 24 :slight_smile:

19. Bolin

Let's see...two of the three guys I've ever fallen in love with are in their mid-twenties. The other one is a year younger than I (I am 21). Generally, I'm generally more attracted to older men (mid-twenties to early forties), and younger guys take second place (let's say...16-19-ish). I don't really know why, but I'm generally not initially attracted to people whose age is close to mine (20, 21, 22), but I can more easily picture myself in a relationship with someone within that age range.

20. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

In term of emotional attraction, I'd say my range is 18 to 25. I'd be willing to consider someone from 25 to 30, but that's when I'd have doubts about it initially.

Physical attraction is a bit different for me. I'm attracted exclusively to plus-size guys, and how attracted I am to them depends a great deal on how shapely they are. If a guy is shapely, I can be attracted to him no matter how old he is, but guys tend to become less shapely as the age, leading to me not finding them attractive. I don't know where the average age is when that shapeliness goes away, and though I could probably call that age my maximum, I'm with fallendream when he said it depends more on how they look than their age. I have seen some remarkably shapely older men, and for me, their age did not detract from their attractiveness at all.