1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

National Anti-Bullying Week (UK)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Paul_UK, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

This years theme for anti-bullying week is "Cyberbullying, schools and the community" - http://www.antibullyingweek.co.uk/

YouTube tackles bullying online - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7098978.stm

----------​

For those in school etc in the UK..... How effective will this one week be in practice? How effective have previous ones been? Are your school or college doing anything specific over the next week?

I was bullied a lot when I was at primary school, and although the awareness these anti-bullying weeks generate is welcomed, I wonder how effective they really are. Would an awareness week like this encourage schools to deal more effectively with bullying on an ongoing basis, or would they do something for the one week and them quietly forget about it?

2. Ty

Ty Guest

At my school i never really noticed much when these were on...buy im pretty dense about these things....

maybe its just me.

3. CrimsonThunder

Good thing to hear, is that new youtube thing up and running? (I dont think I really understand whats happnening, is there a new site just dedicated for kids or something?) I think its a good idea because you just have to reads some of the comments on youtube and its basically 80% of people just trying to make other people feel bad.

4. panda

There's a 2 page spread in a Toronto paper today about cyber-bullies.It's National Bullying Awareness Week here.There's a "Kids Help Phone"here in Ontario that got 780,000 calls last year,many dealing with cyber-bullies.Kids in Grades 1 and 2 are getting bullied.
    "Kids Help Phone"# 1-800-668-6868.

#4 panda, Nov 20, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2007