1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coolest place you have ever been

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bryan, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Bryan

I like travel a lot and was wondering where the coolest place was that everyone has traveled to. It can be half way across the world to a 3 minute drive away.

My two would be Australia and Israel.

2. CrimsonThunder

Adelaide... >.<

3. sdc91

Lots of places!

Schloß Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau in Bavaria, Zion National Park in southern Utah, the whole city of Vancouver (BC), the Great Wall of China at Badaling . . . among many others. I've been to so many awesome places (I'm so thankful that my parents made sure that I was well-traveled).

4. My favorite place would have to be London.

5. Midget

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Aww, you guys are lucky.... I've always wanted to go to Europe or Asia or, well, anywhere.

I've been to all the continental US states, Mexico, Canada, Panama, and Ecuador, but my favorite place was the middle of New Mexico. I got to see the Trinity bomb site, ground zero for the first atomic bomb. AWESOME. My father found it as boring as watching paint dry, but I couldn't imagine another place I'd rather be.

6. Grof142007

Walt Disney World Orlando Flordia !!!!!!!!

7. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

Quebec City in the middle of February or St. John's, U.S. Virgin Islands.

8. Airboy87

Airboy87 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's a tie... Rio de Janeiro and Amsterdam.

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I haven't had the opportunity to travel much but I would like to go to England, Scotland, and Ireland someday. I also want to go to Ghana in West Africa. I just think that everybody should experience what life is like in a third world country sometime. There is a little place close to home that I love. It is a place called Jack Creek. You have to hike in a mile to it but its relatively flat ground so its an easy hike. The water comes out of the ground to form this little creek. It's all mossy and green and very soft to walk on. It's so pretty and peaceful there. I love going there!

10. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

I have not gotten to travel much either. My favorite place of all was probably Hawaii, we went to Maui =) I also liked the Niagara Falls and Seattle.

11. TriBi

I have been lucky enough to have done a hell of a lot of travelling, so the list would be waaay too long and boring to prattle on about here.

I haven't been to Antarctica yet tho' :wink:

12. Rette

I backpacked through Europe a few years ago, and the most beautiful place had to be the French Riviera. I took a slow train along the coast from Spain to Nice, it was absolutely breathtaking.

13. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    San Francisco, California, followed closely by Uluru in Australia (aka Ayers Rock).

It's so funny... I was teasing a friend last night about how many times I've been to SF and she was comparing me to her friends who are "always" going to Vegas and so asked, "Ah but have you been to SF three times in three years because A and B have been to Vegas three times in three years!"

And I was like, "A better way of phrasing the question is, 'Which years haven't I been to SF since 1995?'"

I think there are maybe 2 or 3. And some years when I have gone, I've gone more than once. So yeah, I like it. It's my second favourite city in the whole world.

14. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are my new favourite person for naming Vancouver. :icon_bigg

What great taste! :slight_smile:

15. davo-man

In 2005, my school had a European Cultural and Language Tour, which I was lucky enough to go on, and on that, there are too many places that I loved to pick one...The shortlist however is:

London
    Rome
    Venice

My favourite time on that trip was the three day bus trip we had from Italy to France, through Switzerland. It was a lot of fun to pack 32 Year 10 students, some of whom had never talked to one another, in a bus and see how they interact.

My favourite accomodation was the Youth Hostel in London, and when I return, I am going to be staying there cos it was so much fun to share a room with a perfect stranger. Maybe im just strange liking being forced to interact with complete strangers, and get to talk to people you wouldnt otherwise have talked to. Is that just me or do lots of ppl enjoy that?

16. SpikySpice

Canada, Niagara Fall + Toronto so beautiful ^^

17. Tom

Tom Guest

i sadly dnt have a fave place, eventho ithaca was quite cool as i did aload of snorkeling/scuba diving but becky sadly most of us here wouldnt be able 2 step foot in ghana, they arrest gay ppl and lock em all up in one building called prison, yeh thts really gona show us not to be gay but i spose the prison side of it wud be crap esp if all the other ppl were from ghana and u cudnt speak to any of em and tht.

18. Jim1454

Eat that Joey! (jk! :roflmao: )

I haven't travelled much, but the coolest place that came to mind for me was the top of the mountain at Sunshine Village in Banff Alberta. That was the first place that I'd ever skied on the west coast of Canada - and it was truly amazing!

I'd have to say the next coolest place was the same idea - "The Bowl" on the top of Blackcomb Mountain at Whistler.

And then scuba diving at 100ft below sea level off the coast of Florida - exploring a sunken freighter. THAT was very cool!

19. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, well I can't argue Niagara, having seen footage and pictures.

So the two places you've picked are... wait... in BC? Who should be eating what? :slight_smile:

But just so you know, Banff is hardly "on the west coast." It being, you know, in Alberta, thereby being, you know, inland? :lol:

I know for the delusional people from Toronto that Alberta seems like the west coast but you'll note it's not coastal by the distinct lack of, oh, ocean. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Glad you liked Whistler... it's pretty cool. It's actually really nice in the summer, too, of all things, which I always thought was weird given it's a world-renowned ski resort. But it's gotten so super highly commerialised in the last 20 years. Well truly, in the last 40 or so if what my parents used to tell me is true.

If you liked Whistler, you'd probably like Mount Baker... it's a dormant volcano just south of the Canada/US border near Vancouver. It's gorgeous and seems more impressive (to me, at least) than Whistler because it's much more *boom* in the middle of the landscape, whereas Whistler is surrounded by dozens of other mountains in the Coast Mountain range. You can totally see it from pretty much anywhere in the Lower Mainland on clear days. It just floats on the southeastern horizons. Or looms.

Although truly for the "oh my gods what the hell is that giant thing on the landscape" reaction on the West Coast, your best bet is to fly by Mount Rainier (near Seattle and Tacoma in Washington state in the US). I was flying to SF one day and we were near Seattle and I looked through the window and I was like, "Holy SHIT, what the FUCK is that?!"

20. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yes, they are a very Biblical based country but I have been able to change hearts and minds in a few of them by talking to them on the internet. But yeah, I wouldn't take my son there either. They are for the most part good people they just have not been educated on this.