1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A toilet related question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Just Passing, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Just Passing

Probably the weirdest question I'm ever going to ask on this forum, but us guys have that wonderful ability to stand up whilst using the toilet. That being said however, I was curious to see what people thought about it. Do you stand up or sit down more often or do you do around both overall?

I used to just stand up for one, sit down for the other, but for some reason nowadays, I'm sitting down more as opposed to standing up (say a 75/25 outcome for them). Does anyone else go through this kind of thing or is there a subtle thing to men sitting down on the toilet more?

2. crazyhead

.......... I'll only sit down to pee if I think I have to poop but don't, or if it's late and I'm too tired for that standing crap. Aside from that, I don't just sit down to pee just cuz... This is an odd question.

3. Ridiculous

Half and half! I have no idea why, I don't think it's a concious decision which I choose.

4. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    :confused:
    Erm... why would you want to know that?
    And why am I answering?

If I have to pee, I stand (unless it's late and turning on the light will hurt my eyes) otherwise, I sit.

5. ArcaneVerse

Not so surprisingly this isn't the first time this question has come up here at EC lol.

I always pee standing up, unless for some reason that's not possible, plus I cant really go properly sitting down XD. Maybe its because its considered a "girl" thing to do I don't know it just weird's me out sitting down to pee.

6. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

As has been said, I'll sit down to pee if it's dark (say, the middle of the night and I just got up from sleeping) and I don't feel like turning on the light, or if I'm so tired I don't trust my aim. Otherwise, I stand, just as a matter of convenience (takes less time to go if you stand).

7. Bowie

I stand up. It's saves up energy.

Also, who am I to forsake what evolution has so kindly given my gender? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always sit down. Havent stood up to take a piss for probably about a decade.

9. lulu165

lulu165 Guest

Me being a girl I dont know if my opinion is being asked for, I am going to share my 2 sense anyway.

I live with 3 primitive males. Pee being on the toilet seat is a never ending never resolved issue in our home. I HATE when I am in a hurry do to a sudden urge to pee and I sit on down and BOOM wet disgusting butt. Normally, I can clean it off but I HATE when its Midday and there is pee on the toilet seat.

I Hover in public restrooms (With excellent aim by the way) sit the rest of the time.

---------- Post added 22nd Jul 2011 at 01:24 PM ----------

Something that just clicked in my head. I am working on potty training my nephew because my sister and her husband fail at doing it. But one day Her husband walked in and was like "Why do you have him sitting down? My son will NOT be gay"

Oh so my brother-in-law is more then a little disapproving of homosexuality

10. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I'd like to respond to a few parts of that...

1- pee on the toilet seat is probably because they don't lift that part and can't aim well and for some damn reason can't be bothered to clean up after themselves. You're not alone in hating that, I'm sure.

2- Is your nephew even tall enough that he can pee standing up? He should master the basics before trying to work on his aim.

Also, is it okay if I feel like smacking that kid's father? I'm pretty sure potty training didn't turn me gay...

11. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

As others have said, for me too it depends on the situation. If I've got up during the night I'll sit because I'm half asleep, I don't have to turn the light on or look where I'm aiming etc - it's just easier. During the day I'll more likely stand because it's quicker, though if I'm bursting to go I'll sometimes sit because the aim can be more tricky then.

I don't think it matters at all. Whatever you feel more comfortable doing is fine.

12. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sit about 99% of the time. I only stand if I'm using a public restroom with questionable maidservice. I avoid public bathrooms like the plague anyway. I just like sitting down - and growing up with just my mom it's how I've always been most comfortable.

13. armisteadkunkel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i have a friend who will always sit, but i don't get it
    such a waste of time, i must stand like 99.9% of the time

14. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

lol when some girls say that we are glad that we're not men, and it's better to be a girl, etc- there's always this one little exception

15. Eric

I stand unless for whatever reason I can't.

16. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I stand, but heard sitting has a better outcome :lol:

17. alan t

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I stand. But I'm considering sitting because lately my aim has been getting really bad for some reason :icon_bigg

18. UnAmourFatal

I started sitting some years ago and there's no way I'm going back. :grin: It's much more comfy and clean, no matter how good your aim, there IS going to be piss around if you stand.
    (I still dig pissoirs, tho :grin:)

19. ijustdontknow90

Stand, nearly 100% of the time.

20. Just Adam

Sit like 99%

Always make sure toilet seat clean tho. Men as a species have terrible aim that or they think their cocks while peeing are like a water feature.

The mess can be unbelievable !

So sitting is generally the best option. Unless the toilet area is small and has a radiator next to it to burn your ass and the toilet seat hole is very small hence not really room to pee when you have to tuck summat under. ... Thanks mate.