1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Physcial Characteristics

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by StudentofSchool, Apr 20, 2006.

1. StudentofSchool

Back in 2000, there was a study reported that. I was in fifth grade and never actually read the report about the ratio of length of your ring finger and index finger determining whether or not one was gay. An aquaintance of my, being childish, wanted to examine my hands and I was confounded to why he wanted to do this. He accused me of being gay and the reason he used to back it up was this study. Does anyone remember the story and the full details? I think it was something like if one had an index finger that was significantly shorter than the ring finger, one was gay. Is it true?

This devastated me 6 years ago as it made me question whether I was gay or not. I was in denial for years and very self conscious of my behavior. Then I went to high school with over four thousand people, over half of which were males so there had to be many hot guys. There were so many that I just stopped the denial. If it were not for this stupid childish thing, I probably would still not have put the whole gay thing together. I probably would have put the feelings I have for guys aside and thought that I was just admiring that person.

There is also this other crazy thing I heard. Is it true that it you have a birthmark on your left ears, you are gay? I thought it was very stupid but still curious.

I know "StudentofSchool" is stupid but I want to remain as anonymous as possible.

#1 StudentofSchool, Apr 20, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2006
  2. Hey StudentofSchool. I know there have been studies on that finger length thing -- as a matter of fact, there's a professor at my school who gave a presentation a few months ago on such studies. His last name was Breedlove (how can you forget a name like that?). I'm sure you can find the articles if you search his name and homosexuality on PubMed or maybe even google.

3. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Sounds like a load of bullshit...not plausible at all...i mean after reading this i inspected my fingers as said, and it was correct...but i doubt physical attributes can determine something like homosexuality, which i think is more psycoligical...more of a coincidence, i doubt that EVERY gay person in the world, or even the majority for that part, has this particular physical attribute. At least i hope not, for i'd hate for gays to have a branding of this sort, for many reasons.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree. There is no way a physical characteristic can be an indicator of a psycological characteristic.

There really is no simple visual way to identify gay people.

5. chrisg

Wouldn't that be nice.

6. imad

It would be nice, but only if straight people didn't know about it :wink: .

7. chrisg

LOL. And, of course, we can only imagine the new way to check someone out:

"Quick, give me your hand!"

Not quite as subtle.