1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christian and Bi-sexual

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DreaminCali, Jul 23, 2011.

1. DreaminCali

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    help: Christian and Bi-sexual

please help...

It has been a LOOOOONG time since I've been on here: nearly three years. I gave my life to Christ... only a few months after I came out and only a few weeks before I had decided I was going to kill myself. I was huffin' gasoline, butane, and an assortment of accelarants. I've served God faithfully even in times when I didn't want to cause I was angry with myself and what I was doing. But I'm growing closer to God and up until now I have ignored my bi-sexuality. But now He wants to address this part of me. I don't know what this means and I have no idea what's in store, but I'm wondering if anyone knows anyone who has gone or is going through something similar. I don't mean "quite being bi." I know that is not going to happen because it is a part of me. I am emotionally attracted to men and will not deny that. I just don't know what to do. The girl I'm dating knows everything and even has the same experience with women (she really understands what I'm going through and I am very grateful for her!).:help:

#1 DreaminCali, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  2. Fiddledeedee

I am also a Christian bisexual, and I am certain that it is OK for me to like girls. I know that it is something I can't help, and God wouldn't have programmed me to be irredeemable before I was born. I am not quite sure if it is right for me to act on feelings I might have for a girl, though I am nearly positive that it is. For the moment I am not dating anyone; I will wait until I am sixteen, on the advice of a young woman in my church. Hopefully by then I will have an answer. It is good that you are able to serve God with all your heart and not let your sexuality get in the way of that. God loves everyone, including you.

3. Zontar

Just remember that merely being bisexual is not a sin. Bibically anyway. It's just "the act." From the standpoint of the Bible at least, you're already doing the "right" thing by dating a woman. If you insist on remaining Christian, the most proper solution would be to date only women.

If your religious leaders are telling you that merely being gay is a sin, then drop those false prophets like a hat. They're not even right on the issue anyway if they're Bible-believers.

If you want my frank opinion, the Bible is entirely man-made and you really have nothing to worry about. You're already having premarital sex I assume. Why does that part of the Bible "not count" but the parts on sexuality "count"?

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    whoa whoa slow down there kiddo, killing yourself isn't the answer to anything, in fact I'm sure God would be more mad about that your being Bi-Sexual.

While I'm not a religious person, I do know the God is a messenger of peace and love, the hate and rage you see somes fromclose minded people, NOT from the lord.

The world has come a long in the last 2,000 years you CAN be gay (or bi) and still be loved by God. People used to get beaten for being left handed (no I'm not joking).

5. DreaminCali

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Instead of answering specifically to what has been posted so far, I'm going to respond generally in another thread. Please only respond if you can point me to someone who has a)gotten through this already, b) is going through this know, or c) you are person 'a' or 'b'.

---------- Post added 24th Jul 2011 at 05:46 PM ----------

You misread. I said, 'HAD decided.' my suicidal period was over three years ago and wouldn't dream of killing myself today. I love God and very satisfied in my relationship with Him. I'm just looking for assistance from someone who can help me get some closure about this part of my identity. From my perspective... if anything, the part of me that is attracted men might as well be dying at this point and I will probably need to grieve the loss. read closer buddy : )(*hug*)

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can totally understand what you are going through. I just recently accepted that I am bisexual. The way that I look at it, God made us this way. I have never felt like I was sinning because of something that I cannot control. I have never dated a girl before though, but I think that even if I did, God does not look at it as a sin. I think that people have taken the Bible too literally.

7. AtmaWeapon

Well, there are a lot of people who are LGBT and Christian. There are a lot of good support sites on the web that helped me a lot when I was Christian. Also finding general resources will help. Otherwise I suppose it would help to talk about your thoughts and feelings at the moment and be specific about the things that are problematic.

In any case, fwiw, I realized my same-sex attraction when I fell in love with a friend a year after I became a devout Christian. Was scary to say the least but I never once did feel that my feelings were wrong. Some years later I began to confront what I believed about being gay before identifying as a lesbian or anything really. After praying for answers, the same year (last year) I came out to myself (I was not expecting that I would come to identify as a lesbian) then to some friends, to peers, my devout mother, then my father, extended family, and finally brother (after last Pride).

From a spiritual perspective, never forget what the fruit of the Spirit is and never forget that sin is a matter of the heart and that thoughts, words, and actions are a reflection of that (one of the reasons that feelings vs. act makes zero sense to me from a biblical stand-point) and that the truth will set your free. I think those concepts were the most vital ones in not just coming out but in dealing with my days in legalistc and hypocritical religion.

#7 AtmaWeapon, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  8. DreaminCali

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This was very helpful thank you! : ) but for the rest of you by all means keep going with the responses I want to hear everything!