1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This month's Esquire is pretty funny

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tracy Lord, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Tracy Lord

I've subscribed to it ever since I was in high school. There's a grooming guide, where it tells guys how to trim their eyebrows, what body parts to shave and which ones to just trim, etc.

And in almost every section, filled with detailed instructions as to how exactly to perform all this grooming, there's a warning that it should look like you don't care. lol

My whole life I've never understood why I wasn't supposed to care about grooming. I had to acknowledge my inner girl just to be OK with not having nasty feet anymore!

This is all such nonsense. There's a even a razor commercial on TV with a guy shaving his chest! So, clearly, some percentage of straight guys want to feel OK about attending to themselves.

How can society accept guys having sex with each other when they can't even handle grooming?

2. Melusine

Lol, this whole subject made me giggle. Some men just have no clue about grooming. When I was with my ex girlfriend she understood why it took me so long in the shower. Now I'm with a man (and he's native American so he has barely any beard growth and almost no body hair, the fucker) he just doesn't get it! I sat him down once and outlined everything I do in the shower and he got this scared look on his face and said: "so that's why it takes you an hour to get ready?" I laughed and said "it's only an hour if I'm not going full Brazilian, baby."

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: