1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halloween.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DoriaN, Jul 25, 2011.

1. DoriaN

So for a few years I have DREAMED of crossdressing well for the date, seeing it as a small 'get out of jail free' card, but I've never done it...

My best friend who is a straight male has also thought about it, but I'm also scared and in general of trying it.
    As a hopeful m2f person it'd be a small dream come to true to spend the day in public as such, but if I were to overcome the fears ans anxietys I would want to do a GOOD JOB of the crossdress.
    I HATE it when I see a bad crossdress (Might sound shallow but...) and I only want to be 99.99%-100% convincing.

Idk, I'm kinda scatter brained over this, but any advice for attire, costume ideas, or generic tips for such?

Atm I can only think makeup and getting a sexy hairstyle >_<

Idk generic thoughts or discussion regarding the date are welcome, along with costume ideas or tips =P

2. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

Who would you want to be?

3. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I agree with Messed Up; before we can give any really thoughtful advice, we'd need an idea of who you're going as.

If it were me, I'd go as a character I like from a movie, show, game, etc.

For instance, I'm a big fan of Alice in Wonderland, so I'd definitely consider dressing as Alice. But I'm not blonde, which is another thing to consider- how much work would you have to put into this costume? Would you be willing to dye your hair or change hairstyles?

But you should also consider what you'd want to wear- if you're goal is to crossdress, I assume you'll avoid something as simple as shorts and a tanktop. So what do you want to wear? A full-length dress, a ball gown, a skirt? And if you're going to be walking, make sure you pick out a comfortable pair of shoes.

You'll have to get access to the clothes, too, so take into consideration ease of procurement.

4. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

hmm i dunno- but the plus to wearing a full skirt or a long dress would be wearing sneakers, 'cause they'd be less noticable. that said, my sister dressed up as Mulan (ya know, disney princess?) one year, and i remember the dress being pretty long- and she didn't trip in it once :slight_smile: just an idea

5. Tracy Lord

I was just thinking about this last night!

As far as ideas, I would just play with it and find your look. My wife used to work at a Macy's make up counter when she was in high school and is REALLY good with make up, so I'm going to have her try some things on me to see if we can get me looking like something that resembles a girl.

Gotta get the eyebrows shaped, for one.

I don't know how much homework you've done, but what I'm learning from the magazines is that, even if you're an actual girl, you still have to pick out clothes that work with your body shape, and there is such a thing as girls having more of a boy's shape and there are cute clothes for that shape!

What we don't want to look like is just a boy who threw on some girl's clothes for Halloween!

Keep me posted on your progress!

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you want it go for it, to hell with that other people think

7. DoriaN

I haven't really thought about who or what I would go as... still in the process of that ><

I guess thighhighs and a skirt would be cute, though I'm def'n not against a dress.
    Also I'm naturally curvy, and I've always fit better into female's pants than a male's (Dem hips ;_:wink:.

My goal is if someone didn't know better they'd assume I was a girl, having my hair at my shoulders if def'n a plus, but yes I do need to get a better idea of what I want...

8. Tracy Lord

9. DoriaN

Are you from Canada? Also my favourite colour is purple and my style would be thighhigh w/skirt and a loose sweater x3, but that's just clothes... as for going AS someone I unno D:

10. Tracy Lord

Me? Nope. Went to Montreal for my honeymoon, though; my wife was born there. Great city!

11. DoriaN

I've only ever been to BC or Alberta, though i was originally born in Toronto. Wasn't sure because the website you linked I guess auto-converted all the prices into CAD so I figured I would ask.

12. Tracy Lord

OMG, my wife just had the most brilliant idea for us!

[​IMG]

13. DoriaN

I'm not sure who those two are xD, one looks like cruella de vil.

14. Tracy Lord

Patsy and Eddie from AbFab!

15. DoriaN

Never saw it but I just wiki'd it; would make for a very fun experience if we were together x3.

16. Tracy Lord

Actually, she meant me and her! This Halloween is going to be FUN. And Patsy is tall, so I can get away with heels! (I'm six foot two) lol. But yes, if we were together I would totally do it with you!

17. DoriaN

I just like dressing up and being wacky in general xD, my guy friend from the US said when he comes to visit we're gonna party.
    I told him we should dress up like power rangers and hit on women, him as the black ranger and myself as the pink x3.

18. Katelynn

I so completely & totally want to go as Sailor Moon or Sailor Mercury for Halloween!!!

19. DoriaN

So far the best idea I got was Mio from K-ON

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Incidentaly I DO own a bass guitar xP, but idk what I'd do for hair..

Still seeking alternate ideas though.

20. Katelynn

As for hair, you can always purchase a wig. Some online places have pretty decent feminine wigs for sale, you just have to look for the style you want & the price you want first...