1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting website

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by biisme, Nov 22, 2007.

1. biisme

I was surfing the web and found this website and found it a little apalling. It's about a "ToBGladDay" that was at the school. Looking at the schedule it is easy to see the day was meant to prevent homophobia and try to get across the message that everyone questioning their sexuality is normal and it's okay. However, this page deliberately posts the information in a twisted way. It takes excerpts (from handouts given to the children) out of context and prefaces it with "This is very weird."

http://www.article8.org/docs/general/nnhs_gay_day.htm

"Note that the first session starts off with one of the homosexual movement's boldest lies: that "one in ten" people are homosexual. As you can see, the other themes are that homosexual behavior is perfectly normal, kids should feel good about engaging in it, and the homosexual movement is a great "civil rights" cause against bigoted people (including, possibly, their own parents)."

--this is the website's first opinion.

their headline:

"What are they hiding? See for yourself:

Your tax dollars at work --

"Transgender, Bisexual, Gay, Lesbian Awareness Day" "

any thoughts?

2. Ty

Ty Guest

When i read that, i wasn't sure what i was reading =/ it was so weirdly presented.....i opened it with the idea that it was supporting the day which i guess was why it was so confusing........ young kids should be informed about this..hmm

3. biisme

it presents it like a news story, mostly neutral. but, when u read carefully you can see how they're against it. by slipping in sentences like "this is very weird" and by choosing quotes from the pamphlet that are controversial out of context. it's subliminal and it took me 10 min to realize why the page was annoying me.

4. Tom

Tom Guest

ive just read ithe article itself doesnt seem like its pro-gay but more like there is a homophbic twist to it all, and for what the articles based on its just wrong, the school should definetly be making complaints about that, or atleast some one in the school should be trying to make it a better article to promote what they were trying to promote.

5. Ty

Ty Guest

Agreed

6. Psychedelic Bookmarks

how sad. the day itself sounds good - wish to god they'd do something like that at my school - but clearly the writer of that article was trying to get in a homophobic slant on the whole thing. every time they said "they told the children it was natural to be gay" etc i was just thinking... "yes... it is natural.. your point is?". lol

7. biisme

i kno. they make it sound like the school was trying to "change/convert" everyone into being NOT-heterosexual

8. sdc91

Hello . . . the very top of the page says it's a site from MassResistance. They're anti-gay.

9. dictionary

Yeah i went to the front page and found the folowing headlines...
    MassEquality, flush with cash, re-grouping to push broad homosexual agenda in Legislature
    Boston Globe celebrates homosexual school clubs persuading kids to "come out" as teenagers (and earlier).
    Homosexual activists violate special-needs student, daughter of MassResistance staffer.
    President of supermarket chain to parents: we'll continue to support homosexual school play.
    May 12 homosexual "Youth Pride Day": vulnerable kids, disturbed adults, state-supported insanity
    Prominent national 'gay' activist leaves homosexuality--declares lifestyle 'repulsive'
    Unbelievable videos of elementary school indoctrination of homosexual lifestyle!
    Yeah they are kinda knotisbly sneeky

10. xequar

Yeah, I don't know how anyone could be confused about the nature or intent of that website. It's right up there with the AFA and some of the other crazy christian hate-monger websites out there. As much as I detest that these people exist, I find that it's worth looking at their websites, both to get a good laugh, and because the more you know about your opponent, the easier it is to defeat them.

11. biisme

ahhhhhh....thinking to go to the main page....yes, well, i started out on the page with the article and started reading and was thrown off by their not quite openness of being anti-gay. then i thought, what about everyone else that misses the home page and only reads this.

I thought it was confusing. :frowning2:

12. xequar

Heh, I dunno, like I said, maybe it's because I've looked at enough of the bigot hate-monger sites like the AFA and others, but as soon as I clicked the link, I knew what they were about. Like I said, it's good to know what your enemies are doing.

13. biisme

hahaha. enemies.

it's not actually funny though. these websites are just annoying. hopefully in time their numbers will decrease.

14. Youngn0323

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    # An adult male school counselor who described at length how he "came out" as a homosexual by going to Taiwan and having affairs with males there. He stressed how important it is to feel free to come out if you feel different. "It's just where your hormones lead you to," he said. He asked for a show of hands of kids who've ever felt "different." "You may not admit it to yourself," he told the kids. "But unless you do something about it, it just hangs and rots inside of you...For me, coming out was an extremely hard process." He added, "I want to reach kids at 12-13 years old. I want to be supportive."

# A track coach and counselor who talked about how his brother who was 10 years older was a role model to him. The brother came out as a homosexual in high school, so he also came out in high school. "Being gay is just one part of my life," he added. Then he described how he fell in love with his sister's husband.

I find it quite disturbing that they just throw in how all homosexuals must be promiscuous, and out to get every man they can find. These anti-gay groups are really starting to annoy me with how much they twist and distort the truth. :***:

15. Steam Giant

This pisses me off so much...

16. Steam Giant

I've checked over their website...there's no actual way to contact them anywhere...I even checked the WHOIS listing for their domain name, and it's privately registered. Looks like somebody doesn't like hate mail!

17. Psych!

Psych! Guest

It really does bother me how they describe the whole gay-bi-transgender info.
    The just say that it's weird at first and try to sugar-coat it afterwards.