1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First gay encounter

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MockTurtle, Jul 29, 2011.

1. MockTurtle

Narnia (I still think that's a funny joke D:)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, ^^

I'm new to the forums and this thread will probably seem like "another one of those", so sorry for that also sorry that it might be kind of alot of text.

Anyway, I've pretty much always known I'm gay and never had any problems with it mainly because I didn't think about it much. Right now I find myself at the age of 17 where I'd really want to have some kind of romantic relationship with somebody or at least go out with other gay guys and just have a nice time ^^"
    (Wich sadly won't happen for a while considering the closet is locked from the outside)

I didn't really feel like this before and just recently I've started looking up forums, chats, etc. about it and talking about wich I've never done before but it has really helped me see things in a brighter light I suppose.

Now what I was wondering is how did you or perhaps you haven't yet, (Like me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) had your first gay encounter.
    The first kiss, the first time you met some one gay who also knew you were gay, etc.

I've heard from most people that they were friends with somebody for a long time and at some day they just had their first kiss for example. ( Now I'm always paying alot of attention to my closest friends, if they're looking "peculiar" , if you will, at me. =X )

Either way, I just felt like making this thread, sorry if there's another one like this, I'm sure there is, but I couldn't really find one ^^"
    Also, thanks for any stories told / feedback given and whatnot. ^^

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! It's great that you've started to look around at forums and communities, because that can be one of the easiest and safest ways to think about and talk about what you're feeling... and to realize that the feelings, concerns, and fears you have are no different than the ones most other people have had in your situation.

As far as your "gay encounter"... I think there are a million different ways it can come about, but finding someone in your community that you connect with, and getting to know them, is probably your best bet. What I would not suggest is simply hooking up with someone off of a hookup or dating site; most of the guys I've talked to who have done that for a first time end up feeling pretty empty and unhappy afterwards.

Facebook and even Myspace (who uses that any more?) can be good resources to meet people to talk to in your local area. One of my good friends had been single for 2 or 3 years (he had had one brief, nonfunctional relationship at 19) and decided he didn't want to be single... so he started cultivating friendships on Myspace and within a month or two, found someone he hit it off with... and they have been together for almost 3 years now.

In the meantime, stick around here, share whatever experiences, feelings, questions, concerns you may have. I think you'll find it a great community and a great way to help become more comfortable with yourself.

3. MockTurtle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks, Chip. ^^

Also, just saying that if something I wrote sounds weird, I'm not too great at English so sorry for that. =X

4. Shevanel

I never really understood the term "Gay Encounter" or "Same-Sex Encounter". It always seemed like a phrase with a negative/not normal connotation.

Close Encounters of the Gay Kind. Or something.

EDIT: and to clarify to the OP, it's nothing about not knowing English that well, it's a term I hear a lot. xD

5. Weatherguy101

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Your going through exactly what I'm going through, and I'm also 17. So you are not alone in this.
    I too have yet to have that first gay encounter, although I'm very eager to get into a relationship, which could possibly lead to something further.
    Currently I'm eye balling and constantly thinking about this one guy from my school, hopefully i can make something out of it!

Anyone in your area that your currently eye balling?

6. Mercy

Mercy Guest

My first gay encounter was with a young gay man i want to school with
    he wanted a hug cause he was having a bad day and i hugged him this is when i was questioning my sexuality

7. MockTurtle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, actually there is some one who I really like.

He's actually been acting quite weird around me and when I look him in the eyes, he was already looking at me and turns away immedialty occasionally.
    But it might just be me. xD

8. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I was at a triple graduation party (that is to say, it was celebrating three graduates), when the boyfriend of one of the graduates came up with the idea to invite his roommate over to the party to participate in the "festivities". (They smoked weed. I didn't partake, but it was amusing to watch.) We didn't talk much until I started playing Rush for them, at which point he turned to me wide-eyed and said, "I love Rush!" That was pretty much the extent of our conversations, actually. :lol: I thought he was pretty hot then (certainly the hottest one there), but I didn't think anything of it.

He later friend requested me on Facebook, then asked me if I wanted to hang out some time to watch a rare-ish Rush documentary he had found at a store. He came over, we watched it, we talked about stuff, we found out we had a lot in common, and we bonded more strongly than I expected. I remember finding myself thinking, "Damn, why isn't he gay?"

Some time later, he posted one of those "Like this if I'm a good friend, poke me if you think I'm attractive, comment if we have good memories, etc." type statuses on Facebook. I considered poking him, but I didn't want to make things awkward between us, so I didn't. I did copy the status and post it myself, though, just for shiggles, but this chain of events to a turn for the unexpected when he poked me after posting it. Being the cautious, doubtful type, I messaged him to ask him, "Did you mean to say that you think I'm attractive?" He said yes, and after a long, difficult summer of us getting to know each other (he was almost always sick of sleep deprived when we saw each other), him saying no to a relationship at the end of the summer, him having a change of heart a bit into that fall semester, a lot of talking on the phone, a date, a lot more talking on the phone (we lived pretty far apart, so we got to know each other mostly by talking on the phone), and him coming up to my campus to visit so I could help him with his economics homework, and while we were staying up that first night, it happened. And it was magical. I'm having ecstatic flashbacks to it just writing this.

Take heart, kids. It's hard to wait for the right one to have your first encounter with, rather than lowering your standards and going for a hook-up, but if you do, your first time will be that much more fantastic, and the memories will be that much better.

9. MockTurtle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    @Gamer Am I

I really like your story, it even makes me a bit happy xD

10. Zontar

I jacked a guy off in a basement and licked another one's nips.

Yes kids, it's every bit as exciting as it sounds.

Listen to Gamer and be patient.

11. MockTurtle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Nobody ever said he wants that, feels like you're attacking in a way.
    If not, then sorry.
    No offense intended ._.

12. robertplace93

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My first was with my sister's best friend (who was gay). We were in choir together and hung out. I was a freshman and he was a senior. We didn't do anything except talk and I held his hand once. I wasn't sure then (and still am not sure) about my sexuality.

13. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd been out for years, so it wasn't my first meeting with someone gay, or the first time I'd kissed a girl. However, it was really the first time I knew, just had complete certainty, that I was where I wanted to be. I'd been on a few semi-dates (more like one-on-one hangouts, really) with a girl I'd met online. We had amazing friend chemistry and I did have feelings for her, but this time, I'd gone into it thinking "we're friends, I'm not going to push for anything else, whatever will be will be". Turned out that was the day that our friend chemistry really seemed to translate to romantic chemistry, we'd been cuddling and holding hands and just loving each other's company. At the end of the night it was totally natural for me to ask if I could kiss her goodbye, and she said yes without a second's hesitation. We didn't end up working out, sadly, but that day and specifically that kiss goodbye was really the first time I've had utter confidence that something was right.

14. Zontar

No offense indeed. That's really what happened. I'm highlighting the rather inane nature of it.

15. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I pulled my 1973 VW Beetle off the side of Interstate 10 somewhere in Arizona, pulled out an old blanket, put it on the ground a bit away from the highway, took my clothes off, made out, and had oral sex with a hitchhiker.

In retrospect, it wasn't that great. We were both complete virgins, and so neither of us knew what the hell we were doing. I've since compared it to "two buses repeatedly ramming into each other". At the time, it was exceptionally hot and enjoyable. :slight_smile:

Lex

16. Shmoe

I gave a guy a blow job, Then he cried. Not the most magical moment of my life, But it could've been worse.

17. HantsBen

What? Why?

18. Mercy

Mercy Guest

omg such funny cute stories
    ba hah

19. XSethX

XSethX Guest

I had my first kiss with my best friend when I was 11. I told him I was gay and he kissed me straight after , he thought he was bi at the time but now he's sure he's gay. It was only for a minute but it was great :slight_smile:

20. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first girl-on-girl kiss was with my friend, A, in a game of gay chicken, at a bar. :grin: haha. We both reckoned we would never lose at gay chicken and decided to test the theory. It was a pretty good kiss as well.