1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got 2 deer!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jerr, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Jerr

Heck yes I did!

I always go hunting thanksgiving morning because I killed my first deer hunting it for the first time a LONG time ago and so I go every year with my dad. Not a personal fan of hunting because I love to shoot and hate to wait...

Well we got up effen EARLY... cuz that's what ya do... and we saw nothing... then we were on the last stretch before we hit the highway to go to get thanksgiving nummys and dad sees one... so I sit on the window and aim over the truck and shoot... I look and it isn't there and dad is like "Think you could miss a bit more?" I was like "I missed??" He was like "Hell no, you dropped that *insert male bonding language*"

Apparently I killed it instantly. I was happy!

We gut it drag it into the back of the truck. tag it and go on...

He sees another out my side... so I lean out... shoot it (Thinking I'll miss because this is an awkward angle.) He drops instantly...

Dad then scolds me (In a joking manner) That I had to shoot the one that would be the most difficult to drag back... lol so we tag and gut and put it in the truck then dad gets on to me for making him drag the deer and I get on to him for seeing them. lol

We make it back and life is good cuz we got nummies and we will be having more nummies when we eat the deer!

Deer=nummy

Today = a pretty good day.

2. biisme

congrats! :slight_smile:

3. CrimsonThunder

4. Jerr

Thank you!

I was QUITE tickled.

To only hunt once a year and get two within 30 minutes of each other? Amazing.

5. Urman

Urman Guest

I hunt deer with my car lol

6. Airboy87

Airboy87 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You... killed... Bambi? **sniffle**

:grin:

7. Hydrogen

Funny, I always seem to have the problem of them hunting me in my car

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Is that legal to shoot two?

9. xequar

Question-You said you were in the truck and you used the truck as a rest? I really really hope you didn't... That's just bad form, widely considered unethical hunting, and GROSSLY illegal here in Michigan (if you somehow get caught).

However, if you shot them legitimately, then congratulations!

10. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good for you!

11. Psych!

Psych! Guest

:roflmao:
    ROFLMAO.

Well, Congratulations Jerr... I guess.

12. SpikySpice

That was a great day for Jerr
    Too abd you cant hunt deer here

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

My thoughts too. And "why?".

14. Jim1454

I have to assume that if there were two of them standing that close to the road, that there are plenty of them around. In some jurisdictions (sp?) without a hunt the deer population would get out of control and they'd starve to death rather than being shot and killed instantly.

It sounds like Jerr and his dad are pretty responsible about the whole thing.

Not that shooting and gutting a deer at the side of the road is my cup of tea... a dead deer would really mess up the interior of my Volvo wagon, and there's NO WAY I'd be strapping it to the hood of my Audi! Can you say 'city boy'? :roflmao:

15. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I just don't get the "killing for sport" thing. I can't see how shooting something is a fun thing to do for thanksgiving.

City boy here too.... :slight_smile:

16. il PM u my addy so u can send me some meat hehe:thumbsup:

17. Ty

Ty Guest

What ever floats your goat... or ... urhm ... deer?

I hope no vegetarians/vegans find this =p

18. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Congrats Jerr. Know the feeling.

As for not understanding the "sport", in many cases it is not considered a sport, but a way of living. I have dropped many a hammer on game, but it was with a feeling of using nature's bounty for use, as I do with fishing, berry picking, etc. There is a great deal of work to be done after the hammer falls, most significantly, butchering. That "city dwellers" have all that done for them and everything nicely wrapped, tends to remove them from the actual events of what goes on. Not much different to slaughter a cow as it is wild game, just that in one case it is done by a factory and the other is an individual effort.

As a follow up to what Jim said, in the US in the area I grew up in (upstate New York) in the immediate surrounding area there are well over 3 million deer (1995 figures) and growing. With such a population in such a small area, crops are destroyed and roads, especially at night are hazards. Also with the overpopulation, "wasting disease" is being seen, a condition where the animals appear to starve to death even with abundant food available. It appears to be a wild form of mad cow disease. Some management seems to be appropriate.

19. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Awww poor deers .. :frowning2:

20. xxAngelOnFirexx

i don't agree with hunting. they already kill animals to eat for stores. yeah there may be over population but values wise i think going into an animals home and shooting it is very mean. yeah humans are being over populated yet we don't kill them. and they do okay. nature will work itself out just the way it should. man should mess with mans buisness and leave things that aren't under his control to nature.