1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concerts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sdc91, Nov 22, 2007.

1. sdc91

So what concerts have you guys been to?

I've been to two so far: (Actually, that's a lie, in addition to these two I've probably been to 40 Houston Symphony concerts and I've played in probably 20)

Cursive (oh my god, it was all emo kids smoking pot . . . and emo kids don't dance so it wasn't that fun. Plus one of the opening acts played 15 songs that all sounded the same.)
    Switchfoot & Relient K (I'm not religious, but it was still fun - I moshed around quite a bit)

And . . .
    I'm going to the Peter Bjorn & John concert tomorrow! Fun fun fun.

PB&J, lol
    (!)

2. davo-man

Hey, there's already a thread about this, Here

So far I have been to Shaggy (when I was a lot younger), and Robbie Williams (that was a LOT of fun). My family also used to go to a lot of Musicals, for instance Grease (twice, the second time it was mainly comprised of Aussie Idol rejects, like Millsie, as well as Natalie Basingthwaite as Sandy, before she got famous from Rogue Traders) and also Boy From Oz (about Peter Allen) and Shout.

3. CrimsonThunder

IRON MAIDEN IN FEB!!!

Thanks for reminding me again. :grin:

There was also another thread about it Davo, in which I bitched about how moshing only happens at boring concerts. ^^;

4. waitingsucks

Lol i started that thread: but since then I have now gone to 3 concerts...
    - Dixie Chicks
    - Hilary Duff
    - Sneaky Sound System

well those are the concert I wanted to go to and it excludes all my school band concerts and the ones parents made me go 2.

My favorite is probably Hilary Duff, probably because I've loved her for longer and she(was)'s a better live singer, no offense Miss Connie. lol

What are your favorites?

5. sdc91

Oops, sorry. I guess I should search before I make new topics.

Anyway, I'm excited about tonight. Except for the part that I don't think I have a ride back home and I'd be stuck in the warehouse district of Houston at like 12:30 AM.

6. Jeimuzu

I quoted this from the other thread.

7. Ty

Ty Guest

Ive seen wheatus, calvin harris and the mitchell brothers. Who am i gonna see next? who knows!

8. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually had never been to a live concert until I was *gasp* 22 but my first was Lilith Fair, with Sarah McLachlan and Paula Cole and a whole bunch of others and it was AMAZING. Since then I've seen Jann Arden (multiple times), Sarah McLachlan, Sarah Brightman (twice), and Chantal Kreviazuk. I think that's it. Oh plus I went to Lilith Fair once more.

I really wanted to go see the Backstreet Boys when they were here last but I thought that might be a bit too gay. *grin* Look, it's all these 12yo girls and the GAY GUY! Although I'm sure in Vancouver there would have been more gay guys than just me there.

My friend got to see Alanis Morrisette Live and Unplugged and I was supremely jealous.

The Spice Girls are gonna be here soon and I wouldn't have minded seeing them, either, but the tickets sold insanely fast and I didn't have anyone to go with. I have odd musical tastes.

Oh and I've seen Margaret Cho live at least once. She's so awesome.

9. MusicIsMyBoyfriend

The first concert i went to was for the Klaxons and then i saw Miley Cyrus/ Hannah Montana (wiered i know)

10. surfrboykai

been to the warped tour 3 years in a row, and i've gone to this place called revolutions a few times. i went a few weeks ago to see the sublime tribute band badfish. i wanna see MSI in concert, but i'd have to get back of the venue tickets. as much as i love MSI, i don't want little jimmy urine to pee on me

11. CrimsonThunder

Jeimuzu, that is epic =]

I wanna go to half of those. XD

12. Jeimuzu

A lot of them are down to festivals :grin: That's the trick to it!

If I requote it, those in bold... well, the first group is Carling Leeds Festival 05 final day, the second is Donington Download 06, and the third is Bloodstock Open Air 07.

#12 Jeimuzu, Nov 23, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  13. davo-man

Waitingsucks, how was Sneaky sound System? I reckon it would have been a great concert, but I'm not sure whether they came to SA...I really should buy their album, cos Ive liked all the stuff of theirs that I have listened to

14. panda

The Beatles
    The Rolling Stones
    Bruce Springsteen
    Police
    Frank Zappa
    Neil Young/John Lennon/Give Peace A Chance,Varsity Stadium
    Paul McCartney and Wings/Hammersmith Auditorium,London
    Bob Dylan, 1st Rock & Roll some boxing arena in Sidney,Aust.where the stage revolved
    Howlin' Wolf
    Muddy Waters
    John Lee Hooker
    Memphis Slim
    Mississippi John Hurt
    Miles Davis
    John Coltraine

15. sdc91

Just got back from the Peter Bjorn & John concert . . . my ears are ringing so much, but it was TOTALLY worth it.

16. Im jealous of that and the fact that Jeimuzu got to see Guns N Roses

17. Jeimuzu

I have touched Axl Rose. :0

He came running along the crowd during Welcome to the Jungle.

I also happened to be at a show where Izzy made an appearance.

I was right at the front of a crowd in five figures of people. Probably anything up to 50,000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cml1_HmDf-g
    Yes, his voice is a bit ropey there, but keep in mind he'd been going for a couple of hours; this was the set closer.

#17 Jeimuzu, Nov 24, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  18. CrimsonThunder

Add me to the jealous list!!!

19. boy0boy

Sadly only been to three concerts myself.

First - Kelly Clarkson... yeah I know pretty gay but her music is great, didn't get too weird in the crowd and my friend paid for the tickets.. not too bad, but far away.

Second - Big & Rich... country band.. since this is Texas and it was at the rodeo.. hehe.. this one was great, love their music. Really far away but the huge jumbo-screen was sufficient for views of the singers.

Third - HEADLINER was 30 Seconds to Mars...

Cobra Starship played first and they were my favorite by FAR! Right in front of the stage at this point so it was great views of the singer and his umm... well, nevermind. Wish I knew them as well as I do now though so it would have been better.... plus met the singer and band in the crowd my friends got their CD's signed not me, but then again they have boobs....

Rock Kills Kid was next, I really like some of their stuff but haven't gotten too into their music, was pretty darn good though live.

Head Automatica was the third before 30 StM, and honestly didn't care for their music.

THEN 30 Seconds to Mars came on.. by then we had left the front of the crowd and had to watch them from the back.. pretty awesome stuff though, am I the only gay guy not crazy over Jared Leto though? All in all that was my favorite one since it was four bands.

20. waitingsucks

Sneaky Sound System was awesome. They sounded really good and the whole band were good musicians, also it wasn't as booring as I thought a dance band wuld be live. lol i found this video on youtube of the concert I went to, the ppl who filmed the vid were front row (I was at least 60 metres away from the stage, anyway they sounded so much better from a distance and not anywhere near as good up close. oh well here it is if ure interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9n1VCMr_do