1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biggest Fear/Greatest Hope

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by predator9089, Aug 3, 2011.

1. predator9089

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey all,

I was trying to think of an interesting and fun, but potentially more serious thread to make, like those ones in Fun and Games that everyone can contribute to. So here begins the Biggest Fear/Greatest Hope thread :eek:! It's easy, just share your biggest fear and greatest hope, and if you arn't comfortable with that, make up humourous ones! Laughter is the best medicine after all :eusa_danc. I'll start.

Biggest fear: Someone close to me will die suddenly, like my dad did back in 1999.

Greatest hope: That I will be able to travel in a spaceship before I die!!!

Your turn :smilewave

2. Flyers2011

Biggest fears: Falling from great heights, anything from the arachnid family, failing at life (and not in the fun sense), losing someone I love, semi-trucks, and my car falling apart.

Greatest hopes: I help a lot of people maintain a high standard of health and I save lives along the way. Oh and I have a lot of fun in life.

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Biggest Fear: dying alone.

Greatest Hope: money will stop making all of life's decisions

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Biggest fear: Finding myself in a Johnny Got His Gun state, i.e. a being a functioning mind prisoner of my own body. For those who don't know, the protagonist of Johnny Got His Gun loses his arms, legs, and all of his face, including his eyes, ears, and tongue, to an artillery shell, but his mind functions perfectly. Thus he is forced to remain alive, but all he can do is think and reflect; he cannot observe or exert any kind of control over his environment (and a tracheotomy prevents him from committing suicide via suffocation). While losing any of my senses or my limbs is something I fear (I'm fiercely autonomous), losing all of them is by far the worst thing I could image happening to me.

Greatest Hope: To live in a world free of voluntary ignorance. Ignorance can never be truly extirpated from the world (no one is born knowing everything), but if we could live in a world where everyone was open-minded and eager to learn more, to consider other outlooks on life, that would make me a very happy man. I suppose that stems from what is truly my greatest hope: total enlightenment in every part of the world.

5. Idonteven

Biggest Fear: A slow painful death at a time when I'm not ready to go

Greatest Hope: A quick painless death when I'm good and ready to go

gotta love morbid ones right?

6. Colton

Biggest Fears: Amputation,*Bees,*Being Tortured,*Being Trapped,*Bridges,*Cacti,*Cannibalism,*Clowns,*Eels,*Getting Raped,*Heart Attacks,*Homeless People,*Loud Noises,*Mascots,*Obesity,*Oral Surgery,*Puffer Fish,*Scorpions,*Sharks,*Spiders,*The Dark,*Vultures, and*Wasps.*:slight_smile:

Greatest Hope: I hope that I can work on Broadway when I'm older<3

(So I didn't put the *'s, and they appeared after I posted it, soo, I dunno)

7. Dominoflare

Dominoflare Guest

Biggest phobias:
    Death, loss, failure, humiliation, awkward situations, awkward people, Rebbeca black, insects

Greatest hope: Becoming one of the greatest film composers and artists of my time

8. QuestionMark

QuestionMark Guest

Biggest phobia/fear:
    Being alone (I'm in truth not afraid of death)

Greatest hope:
    Finding true love

9. Yuki Shihoin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Biggest fears: What lies after death, anyone in my family dying at an inopportune time (When I'm not ready for them to go), most bugs, Dying and having no one to pass my heart onto.

Hopes and dreams: To travel to every country in the world before I die. Learn German and be able to read, write, and speak fluently. Become a master of the Vocaloid technology. Have a long lasting and meaningful relationship.

10. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Ok, that kinda scared me just reading it. >.>

Biggest fear: I'm scared of failure more than anything else. School is the most important thing in my life, and it is the key to my future, I know it is. I've seen so many people, smart people, determined people, that have tried and failed and I've seen their dreams turn to dust and they're different after that. I don't want that to happen to me.

Biggest hope: I want to move far, far, away from here. There is absolutely nothing in this town for me, and there probably never will be. In less than two years I will graduate from my university, and I want to go to a graduate school somewhere in Washington state or Oregon. I want a PhD and I won't stop until I have it. Plus, I have to intern somewhere before those two years are over and I found a program that would allow me to intern for a federal agency in D.C. and I hope that I'm brave enough to do it. I would be totally alone in D.C. for six months. It's a little nerve-wracking to think about it.

11. predator9089

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes, i agree, Gamer's biggest fear is super creepy!

I wish you the best of luck Kidd, you sound very motivated and ambitious, something I could use! Also when you think about it, six months is nothing in the grand scheme of things and what an opportunity, I think you'll do just fine. Oh and why would you want to move away from Narnia!?!?! :wink:

12. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Biggest fears: Dying from diabetes, heart disease, one of the things that run in my bastard of a father's side. Also are, being poor (I'm sorry but I grew up with a lot of things and the idea of being unable to afford anything more than rent and food...well....yeah...). I just want to be able to have an enjoyable life and provide for my family. As vain as that sounds slightly.

Greatest Hope: Yeah I'm sure many know this on the site already. But basically be the next big actor.

13. predator9089

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh and I forgot to add Rebecca Black to my fears...:grin::grin::grin:

14. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Fears- Dying alone and unfulfilled.

Hopes- Travelling around the world, publishing some stories, finding a great guy.

15. TheWanderer

biggest fear: mac trucks on the highway

greatest hope:to live in a cabin in maine.

16. Leif

Biggest fear: That when I die I will have left no mark on the world and my death will be unnoticed.

Greatest hope: Write an award winning novel, sit down and have a nice normal conversation with my favorite author.

17. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

Biggest Fear: that i will never find the love of my life

Greatest Hope: living a quite, peaceful, happy life

18. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

I fear that all of my fears are true.

I hope to find an amazing woman who shares (some of) my interests, and spend the rest of my life with her.

19. Zontar

Cancer.

Wealth.

20. 4alex6

Fear: Not being able to ask out the guy of my dreams in the next 3 years.

Hope: That I will be able to go to Moscow, Russia and find my biological family (or whats left of it).