1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ilayis, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

Well I'm back from seeing my newly soldiered sister.
    I know some of you were telling me not to worry about the planes I was flying on.Well the day after me and my mom flew,we were watching CNN,and they were talking about two planes at the airport that I flew out of and how they screwed up.So one was trying to land while the other was taking off,they nearly hit eachother,one flew right over the other.

When we were at the graduation,I was wondering why I wasn't feeling anything.I mean,it's the Army for crying out loud.Well when the soldiers were shouting their Soldiers' Creed,and they yelled"I Am An American Soldier",that hit me.The tears were flowing,and the respect for my sister grew.
    The time we spent with her was mostly her talking to her battle buddy.The only time we really got alone with her was the 7 hour ride to her next base.They wanted her there to check in and give her paper work by midnight.So we went there cause she wanted her paperwork in early,and we would head over to Virginia Beach.Well we got to Ft. Eustis at 4pm and they kept her,wouldn't let her leave.Needless to say there was a lot of crying between my mom and my sister.
    We flew so far,drove so long,and spent so much money that we didn't have just to spend some time with her and to see her face.Yes I am extremely happy I got to see her,but when the bitch of a Sergeant said no to letting my sister come with us,like she should have been able to,I lost a little respect for the higher ups of the Army.
    They tell you you get two days off base with your soldier and turn it into one,when they know you come so far just for those two precious days with them,I just get frustrated.

Just makes you want to hit somebody don't it?

At least now we know what to expect when my lil bro goes in.

Happy to be back at least(*hug*)

#1 Ilayis, Nov 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2007
  2. SpikySpice

Welcome back Ryan, glad you had a fun time:slight_smile: