1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do straight guys snuggle/cuddle?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by predator9089, Aug 5, 2011.

1. predator9089

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    LOL. Stupid question I know :eusa_naug :icon_redf. I've been curious though. I never had many guy friends growing up, and i'm just wondering if it's 'normal' or 'common' for 2 straight guys to snuggle when they are hanging out and watching a movie at home, for example. :eusa_doh:

2. Mogget

Not really. Not like straight girls do, certainly.

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Culturally, it's incredibly frowned upon/discouraged. I won't pretend to know what people do in the privacy of their own bedroom, but I highly, HIGHLY doubt that they do.

4. LowestVocal017

I think some straight guys do do this. Especially many of the more soft-hearted ones who don't think much of giving each other a caressing embrace.

Suffice to say, despite the whole "masculine" stereotype, there are straight guys who are willing to give a soft embrace. First of all, Not all straight sufficiently fit the masculine frame. Secondly, even straight guys have different personalities: some of the more romantic and touchy straight guys are every bit as kind-hearted and touchy-feeling as the more emotionally-in-tuned touchy gay guy and would not mind touching a friend in a tender and/or friendly manner.

Also, on a different note I find it interesting that many straight guys in my university choir group love to hug and kiss gay guys on the cheeks. (Some of them even purposely do this for the reason of rubbing their muscular manpecs against these gays. Don't ask me why, because I don't have an answer! lol) At first I was puzzled at this because of the stereotype that I grew up with as a teenager and a young adult. Then, I realize that some people are learning to break the glass bowl after all, and this observed phenomenon definitely supported that. :wink:

#4 LowestVocal017, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  5. feelindown

feelindown Guest

honestly if you are cuddling and snuggling with another dude it sounds pretty gay to me. yes i guess straights could do this but honestly it woudl be those who are open to the spectrum of sexuality in my unlearned opinion.

6. Mad Man L

As teenagers, the answer is a straight (haha pun) no.

They may hug now and then at the most, but straight guys don't do that full stop.

7. Zontar

8. Mark182

Mark182 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well if my best friend and I are ever having a 'serious' conversation it's kind of a given that we will end up snuggling and some other times it just kind of happens.He's just really odd though!If I tried to do that with any of my other straight male friends I'm sure that they'd be terrified! :lol:

9. Marlowe

I wish, but I don't think that is the reality. I only have one straight male friend with whom I would cuddle, and he is a really touchy kind of guy who in his own words "gets on really well with gay guys." I can't even imagine cuddling with my other straight male friends, and I can imagine even less them cuddling with each other.

10. GuardianKitten

It's a stupid doublestandard between guys and girls, but not in my expierances.

Hell, I don't know any gay/bi guys who cuddle with guys not their partners.

11. paper person

My stright ( i belive) best and my other freind who has a girl freind give eachother back massages. They both give me hugs alot. but i thinks thats because either one of us is upset or they hug me cuz they know I dont like it.

12. QuestionMark

QuestionMark Guest

ehh, most likely no. Straight girls often do, but for some reason two straight guys cuddling/snuggling is completely against the "social norm," especially when they are teenagers. Actually, I rarely see my straight guy friends hug for more then five seconds...

13. predator9089

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :roflmao:! Don't you love friends who do stuff like that :thumbsup:?

:confused:

---------- Post added 5th Aug 2011 at 10:24 PM ----------

Ya it's too bad the double standard between girls and guys in this regard. I guess it's just really ingrained in our society - I know that in Japan younger guys are less worried about such things like holdings hands, etc. Here they are dead scared of being labelled as gay! We need to get more of our straight guy friends doing this :wink:

(oh and by snuggle/cuddle i mean like leaning on each other while on the couch, not like spooning or anything ;p)

#13 predator9089, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  14. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I lived on my own, there was a friend of the landlord. he is straight and have many girls. But on occasions while watching a movie he would sit next to me and hold me or lay down behind me and just hold me. At first i found this very strange, why would a straight guy do this? I don't know.

In society it is OK for a group of girls to go to the toilets together, cuddle, shower together and make comments about one another's' bodies without actually having a sexual attraction to one another. i always asked why can't guys be more like that? Still waiting for that answer though but i guess this friend of the landlord came closer to that kind of friendship than any guy i knew.

15. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

I had a really touchy friend in university who would cuddle up to anyone, including guys, if he was watching a movie or if a group of us decided to take a nap (which happened on the weekends sometimes). He definitely layed or sat down next to me a handful of times and would rest his head on my chest or give me a hug. I always thought it was kind of strange, but he was like this with everyone, so I assume it was just how he was raised. :/

16. x2x2x2x2y2

I would assume most straight guys don't do this. It's not "ok". Personally, I never hug anyone (guy or girl) unless they're family, and even then I don't really like to. lol

And now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever cuddled with anyone. O__o lol

17. Fiddledeedee

They don't; in my school, the most they will do is a mock hug where they barely touch. I am glad I am a girl, as I love all the hugs, cuddles, glomps, etc. that we do! The girls are more reserved with me since I came out, though. :frowning2:

18. Just Adam

Me and my mate have a hug. But not a cuddle or snuggle. Feels like I'm never getting them.