1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random confidence boost!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by xequar, Nov 23, 2007.

1. xequar

So I'm in my hometown, which is a small town in rural Michigan, visiting my parents for the Thanksgiving holiday. A friend from high school and I decided to get together tonight since we haven't seen each other in ages, so we went to one of the local bars in town. While I was there, I saw several people that I went to high school with, and it was kind of surprising. Hardly any of them recognized me! Once I said who I was, they were all genuinely surprised and paying me all sorts of compliments. The funniest, though, was one particular guy. After my friend and I told him who I was, he was like, "Wow, you look really good. I mean, you're sexy! I mean, I'm not gay or anything, but..." So I interjected with, "Eh, don't sweat it, I am."

Like I said, it was a very comical moment, and it felt really good to get such approving comments, especially seven years removed from some of those people.

2. biisme

congratulations! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3. Midget

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Nice!!!

You've actually just inspired me to move away after I graduate and get a makeover or something, just to get the same reaction. :slight_smile: Always great to return to acceptance and adoration!

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Wow, what a great feeling to be complimented like that by your former classmates! Congrats!

5. SpikySpice

That was great:slight_smile:

It feeled good when I visted my old schools and teh teachers said how grown up and nice I look

I mena when we get older, we care botu our apearnce more, I notice me and others do the same things

6. boy0boy

OMG I KNOW THAT SAME FEELING!

I lost like a ton of weight after graduation and now anytime I see someone from school, they're always all "Oh My GOSH you lost so much weight, you look GREAT!" It's a good feeling. Plus I look so different people younger than me who are still in school don't even remember me, I was hanging out talking with this girl and she didn't even remember that we had a class together because I look so different! In fact we went to the movies and we met up with some friends, who I didn't know who they were but I ended up knowing them once I saw them... they had told the guy that this huge guy was gonna have to sit in the back with him, and he was all worried.. all as a joke since they know I'm not huge, but to make him worry, and when he saw me and realized we knew each other he was even more surprised that I HAD lost so much weight.

Great stuff, congrats man. :grin: