1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is anyone else...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rain33, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rain33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Tired of the whole emo/scene trend that has become so popular. I'm not even joking everyone has the same haircut short in the back long in the front with the back spiked up. It's a rather ugly haircut. Anyone else agree?

2. Micah

To be perfectly honest I thought it was dying out (pardon the pun).

I rarely ever see a full stereotypical "emo" anymore. /shrug

3. Ty

Ty Guest

I see the odd one here or there, but not that often tbh
    The guy i like is kinda "emo" or something...but he doesnt have that sterotypical haircut x

4. CrimsonThunder

ROFL You are hilarious.

I still see quite a lot of emos, but yes there are less and less. =] yay~!

5. Jim1454

There certainly aren't any in the office I work in... :icon_wink

6. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

Oh I am so glad that the Emo fad is going away. I saw it a lot more up north, and thankfully for the few years that I've lived in Georgia I haven't seen too many.

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

There's one at the company where I work (though not the same office), but when some other trend or fad comes along she'll follow that instead.

8. xxAngelOnFirexx

wow. like i'm like emo/goth more goth. and i think that this 'fad' should be treated teh same as any time of gender or race. regardless of your opinion it may be offensive to certain people so i advise you keep yourself quiet. i don't go around saying preppy people are real jerks and rich people are stuck up and rude. because its a type of person that is very likely to be on this board (AND I KNOW YOU ARE NOT NIAVE TO EMOS BEING ON THIS BOARD) so why don't be stop talking like this about them!! use your brains!

9. Midget

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Not saying anything bad about it here, but I've noticed my school is overrun with emo/goth fashion. Granted, we're a decade behind everyone else, but it's still alive and well here.

I know plenty of goth/emo people who are wonderful, and some are get on my nerves. Yeah, it's just like every other group. Love some, hate some, look past the hairstyle and clothes with some.

10. That's so true. :eusa_clap

11. Rain33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You want them to be treated the same as any gender or race? Thats a joke. The whole emo thing is a trend you dont live with it your whole life your still young you will change. Being a race is something you are your whole life. And calling people preps makes you look just as ignorant.

12. Jeimuzu

Ack. GTFO, you fascists.

13. Skeleton

what's so wrong with being goth (emo FTL) I'm still dressing in black with New Rocks as the footwear of choice.

Keeps people you don't wanna talk to away

14. dictionary

I dont realy care would you prefer them all to be homophobic jocks? (big genralisation i know) If they like having there hair like that thats fine by me... but i do see what your saying that originaly they were trying to be "un-conformists" but now its becoming popular....

15. xxAngelOnFirexx

yes i totally agree that a lot of people are doing the same thing.
    but most black men have their heads shaved, most preppy girls have blonde hair their wear down. preppy people all mostly wear polos. black men wear baggy pants and chains. aren't these people not comforming to a group? do not they all look alike? SAME AS EMO!!! don't like the trend? DONT DRESS THAT WAY and leave the rest of us ALONE! You all have no room to speak if you conform.

#15 xxAngelOnFirexx, Nov 24, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  16. i agree i am emo as well just drop it who the hell cares how some one wairs their hair or cloths what the fuck why does it matter to every one else drop the fucking subject and stop trying to make it a big deal

17. again i agree with morgan dude stop talking shit about it the only reson you dont like it is because we are difrent and a bit odd who gives a shit dude there are plenty of emo/goth/scene kids on here so maybe you should think of a new topic to rip on ..

18. Midget

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hair and clothes are way too often misleading. Dressing a certain way doesn't lead to conformity nor does it lead to automatically being part of a certain group. I dress pretty most of the time and sometimes people are convinced I'm a closet goth (I'm not, they just don't make colorful t-shirts anymore), but I'm an absolute nerd with my collection of Batman comics and Star Trek autographs.

I think the group that so many people are complaining about are those who conform to emo-ness (emonomity?) to defy authority and conformity. It's the same as someone acting preppy to be the only popular person or someone being a jock to be the only sports fan in the school. At least that's what I think, sorry if I'm getting it wrong, not trying to be rude to anyone.

I do have to agree with Rain33, though - NO clique or group should be treated as a race or culture. I mean, clique is temporary, race is permanent.

19. Skeleton

I use it as a means to stop people asking questions. It's very effective.

But, on a day to day basis, I can't say I dress like it all the time.

20. xxAngelOnFirexx

regardless all people no matter what should be treated with respect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.