1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do your friends do this to

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by candyapple, Aug 7, 2011.

1. candyapple

all my friends complain that gay guys are so much hotter then stright men. do any of you here that or is it just my weird friend friends. yeah there hot but some girls are like obsessed :bang:

2. Ridiculous

I do this, but in my case it's not complaining.

3. candyapple

4. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love it when girls talk about guys. I love it even more if guys talk or campare other guys, but i hate it when they talk about girls

5. Shevanel

I think it's an untrue statement. Sexuality doesn't determine attractiveness.

6. Yuki Shihoin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Some of my girl friends would and have said some things like this. I don't really get it........or them sometimes........but I think (for them at least, I'm only speaking from personal experience) that it's because, well not only are some gay guys attractive but its also because its something they know they can't have, does that make sense? I don't know my friends can be weird......

7. Just Adam

Qft

I for one look like I was beaten as a child with a snow shovel. I've seen many others who got hit with the garbage truck.

8. TraceElement

The saying "you want what you can't have" comes into play, imo.

9. redblanket

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This might sound a bit weird, but as a mostly-gay bisexual (haven't thought up a term to describe myself yet :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: who needs labels anyway? Well, probably me, but it's a good defence in the meantime), the only two guys I've ever been attracted to were also bisexual. I think it might be because they felt less threatening than most of the straight guys I've known. However, my definition of threatening is purely subjective...

10. PersonalTaste27

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i agree

11. Mogget

Gay guys tend to be more in touch with their emotions, which can make them seem like more attractive partners.

12. DarkClarity

I agree with some of the other posters. It seems like a case of "the unattainable is the most desired".

13. Just Passing

I don't personally, but the potential reason why straight girls appreciate gay men is because they are more feminine in some cases and are more emotionally involved than straight men. Not always the case, but a potential one.

14. Raeil

I've heard people say that, but it's never really made sense to me except as a "forbidden fruit" kind of thing. After all, several people on this forum (the only gay guys I've talked to about attractiveness) have had crushes on straight guys and had issues with the "If only he were gay" thinking.

15. Markio

I always figured it was because of the stereotype that gay men are more likely to manscape and take care of their appearance than straight men. And no, my friends don't say I'm more attractive than the straight guys. :frowning2:

16. Bi As A Kite

Same here :eusa_doh:

17. Enaithor

My friends do it a lot, and I am usually more attracted to gay guys than straight guys, so I pretty much agree.
    Unfortunately, I have to be the one ugly gay guy D:

18. ezkill

I'm not sure why they say this. Maybe they are thinking about gay people in the media, or the gay body builders they see on TV?

Anyways, I have to be honest, I find most gay people unattractive physically. That doesn't mean I won't date or be friends with them (I'm a personality guy), but this is just how I feel. A lot of straight guys, to me, are physically attractive. I know for a FACT that it's not because they are unattainable -- if I know someone is unattainable, I won't even bother. It's because of the way they dress, the way they act, and the way they look (of course) coupled with their masculinity. For me, masculinity is the big thing.

19. Bosco

I guess it also depends on how into fashion you are.
    Gay guys do tend to wear trendier clothes and some people may find the change a little uncomfortable.

20. Sharkattack2222

Well my girlfriends always say "You/They are too gorgeous to be straight" when talking about me or other guys that they think might be gay but aren't sure. I don't understand it either.

I agree with the other poster though, I'm so picky when it comes to guys. I have a certain type and thats what I always go for. I'm attracted to guys that act and look like they could be straight but are really just on the downlow haha. Maybe it is just the thrill of the chase.