1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So normally I don't know how I feel about "Anonymous"...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kevin42, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

2. Emberstone

they took down all the WBC websites... They deserve the nobel peace prize for that act. however, when they were hacking paypal and credit card companies, that kind of irked me. WBC takedown=harmless and necessary... the hacking of financial companies=worrisome.

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Though I took personal satisfaction in their taking down the WBC's website, I acknowledged it morally as a bad thing. But this, this I'm all for.

4. biosynth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    what annoys me most about anonymous is they do to many good and bad things so i cant really tell if they are good or bad, they steal then they do this which is awesome.

i wish they would make up their minds about it.

5. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm a huge supporter of them. I rarely ever disagree in what they do though I don't understand why they go after Scientology to much :/ I love their lulzsec counterpart who hack giant corporations for the sake of the lulz. Pretty funny stuff sometimes (redirecting one of Rupert Murdoc/News corp's website to their lulzsec twitter account) but they once took a political stance that wasn't very like them. But back to Anonymous, I feel like they are the "Dark Night" of the Internet. They do things based more on moral values that benefit the people rather than the rich/governments.

Paypal scandal had to do with wikileaks. They went after them because people donating to wikileaks through Paypal accounts where not allowed to because Paypal canceled the wikileaks papal account after wikileaks leaked all those American documents way back when, they are also advocates for using smaller paypal type businesses on the internet so PayPal doesn't have a monopoly on em. They then went after anyone who hosted Wikileaks but then dropped them due to Government pressure (Visa, Master card amoung other issues as well) Going after Sony was a pretty complicated situation in where Sony was hoarding a lot of personal information which put people's personal information out in the open so they did what they did after pleading with the company to change it and had no response. They ended up looking like the bad guys but Sony changed their way in the long run and I got 2 free games out if it :grin: The WBC website take down was more of a Lulzsec type of attack in which some news reporter had someone from anonymous and that crazy lady arguing. The lady said that they had attacked her and the representative from Anonymous said they did no such thing but she got so annoying that during that live interview they decided to take down the website anyway. I'm not saying I'd go make friends with them. They are scary poeple but it's nice to know there are people out there like me who get pissed off when the rich piss on the poor and then do something about it.

After writing this I'm probably going to get raided by the FBI.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZJwSjor4hM[/YOUTUBE]

#5 MyDecember, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  6. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to think the things they do are good things. I have only heard a fraction of the things they have done though.

7. biosynth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    so hacking into websites because the website disagreed with them about wikileaks are the good guys?

robin hood meant well but he was still a thief, and a lot of the companies anonymous hacked really aren't the same as the king who over taxed his people

8. Just Adam

Attacking WBC and Syrian govt good.

Sony, apple, paypal not good.

Anonymous can do real good if they tried. Attacking companies hurts innocent people. Attacking these hate mongers helps people.

9. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would still say robin hood was doing a good thing. :wink:

10. biosynth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yes the king certainly should have been lowering taxes across the board :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

but in real life the robin hood's of the world dont rob the king because he isn't an easy target he goes after the readily available and in the end hurts the poor more than he helps them. its a bad example for the children :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  12. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

See, this isn't any good. They do some good things, but overall, I disapprove. If they were more organized and had an actual mission besides just going around and trying to f*ck with people for fun, maybe I could get on board.

13. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you read their reasoning for killing facebook.

Good for them.

14. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

I read their reasoning for hacking police computers and it didn't sound awful, but then they post a bunch of private info of people who had nothing to do with their "mission" and that puts peoples lives at risk.

I don't find it difficult to imagine that if they were successful, which I doubt they will be, a bunch of private messages ending up online for the world to see.

And that's the problem, you can't count on these people to do what's right. We just get lucky when they do.

15. theJosephDean

What I got most excited about was the Reddit tab you had open. :grin:

When does the narwhal bacon?

16. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess they do not handle things the way they should. But the point of exposing the private information is so that they can get the groups in bigger trouble. Kinda like that one anti-piracy law firm in the UK. If they hadn't allowed the private information to be exposed then the same result wouldn't have occurred. But, alas, I guess they are more of a "means justify the end" group. I guess I cannot agree with some of the their methods. I wouldn't be happy if my private messages got released. They are doing about a good thing (or at least trying to) but doing the wrong way a lot of times I guess - which happens to probably be the most effective way too probably. I guess if they didn't release innocent people's private information...

Anyways I think their ideals are good. Facebook I'm sure does sell people's personal information. Everyone does. There's probably a big unknown market on personal information. Grocery stores "reward" cards log all your shopping history etc. Most people are unaware which is wrong.

17. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Message from Anonymous: Facebook will fall Nov 5, 2011

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXLxiMemYc0[/YOUTUBE]

What does everyone think part from the annoying voice

18. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Message from Anonymous: Facebook will fall Nov 5, 2011

Dramatic Much?

19. Crypt

Re: Message from Anonymous: Facebook will fall Nov 5, 2011

They've taken down a few big companies. Tim [bf] and I deactivated our FB's a while ago due to all the drama. I say go for it.

20. 4alex6