1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The riots in London

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DarkClarity, Aug 8, 2011.

1. DarkClarity

What are thoughts on the riots that have been happening in London in the past few days and are still happening right now?

2. Dominoflare

Dominoflare Guest

The riots are already over. Everyone's just looting now
    But i think it's kinda sad to be honest

#2 Dominoflare, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2011
  3. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's just senseless violence by now and the constant reporting is making it worse. Whether or not what started it all was a good enough cause to justify the first riot is debatable, but by now barely anyone knows what they're rioting about, they're just going there to burn shit and take stuff, and every time a couple of people go somewhere new, the news say the riots have spread there and so more people go to that place and a riot actually does start. I'm surprised they haven't attacked westfeild actually, seems like a good place to loot.

Apparently it just spread to Acton and Ealing, which is getting quiet close to where I am; they won't come here though, the highlight of where I live is the bus stop.

#3 Kerze, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  4. DarkClarity

David Cameron is flying back from hoilday and there's going to be a emergency Cobra meeting tomorrow morning.

5. Dominoflare

Dominoflare Guest

The riots started because apparently some criminal carrying weapons got killed by the police
    but some people said the guy hadn't been of any threat and hadn't deserved to be shot
    so the riots started in tottenham and spread from there, it shouldn't have gone this far,
    loads of people just got involved for no actual reason..it's just a pathetic excuse for meaningless violence
    and as if it wasn't enough crap, a load of gypsys decide to ransack the place

6. DarkClarity

The rioter are using this as an excuse so they can just steal things. As a Londoner I'm embarrased and they're making young people look even worse. I really hope that Cobra meeting tomorrow will make some sort of difference.

7. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don;t know if you guys picked it up, but lately there are riots breaking out all over the world... is the people going crazy or is it just me?

They showed yesterday a riot in Mexico, then the authorities just opened fire and killed a few people!!!! Still want to know what will happen there. But these days i do not even want to watch TV, its riots here, ware there, unrest everywhere and economical problems making it worse all over.

8. DarkClarity

@ Concretehands and @ Dominoflare are you guys okay? Your not near any violence are you?

9. Dominoflare

Dominoflare Guest

Oh i'm fine :slight_smile: I'm currently in hertfordshire with my dad and brother so not near any threat, and the worst of the riot is over now so no worries, how about you?

10. DarkClarity

11. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm fine, apparently there was something going on in two places in my borough which are both like 20/30 mins away form me on the bus but I don't see any reason why they'd come down here, no shops, not many houses and no police. One of my friends got caught in the original one in tottenham on her way home form work, she says she was alternating between pushing her way sideways through crowds and running away from them :S

Just checked Facebook, apparently somebody I know just went through town center and two pubs and a couple of shops got attacked :eusa_doh:

#11 Kerze, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  12. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I am in Coventry, the riots are horable and sencless and I feel the police in this country are not as equiped for Big riots as in the USA

13. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shit; the shopping center is on fire, Tesco has been looted and loads of shops and restaurants along the green have been broken into. Cars are on fire and the station has been closed down. The local paper is live blogging it all

14. Elicitra

they were rioting in my area :/ - altho i was still in the car on the way back from wales

15. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Now they're breaking into houses around the center of Ealing, which is like 2 miles from where I am. It's kinda far away but I go there all the time, feels weird that it's so close...

16. PersonalTaste27

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i read on ign that the police r blaming the riotss on GTA lol

17. Dominoflare

Dominoflare Guest

That's not true, the police are blaming it the dimwits involved

They're breaking into houses now, really what exactly is the point of this? all these retards need to get lives and move on. They're just taking the piss now
    This whole thing is a joke, a pathetic, pointless and utterly sad joke.

18. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My friend is on facebook saying he can hear the police trying to stop people breaking to houses about 1 or 2 streets over

19. FJ Cruiser

This might sound crazy, but is it possible that it's just a bunch of anarchists using any excuse to riot/demonstrate? That's what happened in Vancouver a few months ago. This sounds too large and too random to not have some sort of planning behind it.

20. Dominoflare

Dominoflare Guest

what area does your friend live in?