1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Faggots" in the Locker Room

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Indiana Juno, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Indiana Juno

I don't know if this is funny or annoying. It happens fairly often, and my reaction varies depending on the day I guess.

I just started working at a gym. You hear a lot of guys saying "bro" at the end of their sentences and barking at each other while weight-lifting.

But there are these two guys in particular who I always catch having a similar conversation. One will relay a story about some "faggot" he saw walking around the city. The other will chime in with some story of his own, before relaying that if any faggot tried to touch him, he would grind their bones to powder.

They have this same conversation any time I see them within 10 feet of each other. One of the guys will take something innocently said and act like it was said in a "gay" way toward him. The other guy talks about how much pussy he gets and how his girlfriend's brother's a faggot.

I think these two guys should just get a room. It's obvious these two are borderline flirting with each other but probably have so much internalized self hate that they're scared to act on it.

I shut the younger of the two guys up, though. He was smack-talking "faggots" one day to another guy and asked my opinion.

I told him one of my good friends is gay and overseas getting shot at so that little ingrates back home can enjoy the freedom to call him a faggot. He shut right up :slight_smile:.

Any of you guys know similar people/have similar experiences?

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Simply must say, Bravo to what you did :slight_smile:

3. RedState

i have always believed that people that talk about it all the time and obsess over it like that aren't necessarily gay, but they probably have some tendencies...but they never act on them usually. They are actually pretty entertaining to mess with.

4. Indiana Juno

RedState, last time I encountered someone who was homophobic (and I don't mean having a problem with gays, more like the constant need to talk about their dislike of it), I was in photography class in High School. An openly gay kid in the class said to me once, "I bet if I touched him, he would go for it".

A year later I was getting a BJ in a stairwell from that homophobic kid.

It's funny how you can play "find the gay guy" by paying attention to who gives gays the most grief.

5. biosynth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    in a stairwell.... :icon_redf

you should tell them to get a room or something

6. RedState

Ahh...you see?
    The ones that protest too much are the ones you gotta watch out for. But most wind up getting married and punching out a couple of kids...then they start trolling the same sex ads on Craig's List

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a simply brilliant retort. And may have made him think :slight_smile:

8. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've heard some similar things at the gym, it's annoying. Nice job, though. If someone asked me that, I wouldn't know what to say.

9. Adam

Hear this kind of shit all the time when I go out to the bars, just like last night these guys walking behind me were talking shit about their friend and saying they thought he was gay and a faggot. Usually I keep quiet about it, other times I yell at them.

10. Emberstone

welcome to gym culture.

barking, sex grunts, homophobia, blatent stupidity, weakass shits spending 30 minutes straight on the bicep curl machine doing 5 pound curls to failure because they claim thats how you get big guns... you will meet a whole lot of high level douches.

you handled it well, but most of the time, I ignore them, then go back to curling twice as much weight with proper form to their half my weight curls with bad form.

I usually find the shorter they are, the more douchy they are. I get snide remarks because I am tall, and therefore, naturally skinny, yet I can out lift them everytime because they may look more musculer, but I am the one with more muscle.

depending on the workout (if I am doing upper body, I wear a tank), I usually wear my day of silence t-shirt. if any of them figure out what it means, I could care less what they think.

11. Mad Man L

Firstly, e-High Five for OP.

But I personally don't know people like that, but I don't go to gyms (because of time/can't be bothered), hence my lack of muscle. There are some idiots in the world.

12. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I had an experience similar to this in high school. It was in the female locker though. We would gather there after lunch for a stupid class where we sat around and did nothing. My school was full of rednecks and this really hot one who always talked smack "faggot this faggot that" started approaching me one day with this talk. I really never said much back to him because I saw through him, and my nonchalant really didn't care at the time. What I never expected were the sexual advances he's make by rubbing my thighs, chest, arms you name it he did it :/ He was obviously curious and fishing for the first guy to mess with. He disappeared for a month. Ended up in court for doing the same thing to someone who wasn't as chill with it as I was. Most guys who are obsessed with "faggotry talk" are gay themselves or at least curious in my experience. I find this topic both sad and hilarious due to the irony

BTW he was a gym junkie.

#12 MyDecember, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  13. crazyhead

You're awesome.
    Next time they do that, you should say, "why don't you two just bone and get it over with already?"

14. Emberstone

honestly, I find the 'faggot' talk less offensive when I am at the gym than the people who have to grunt when they workout. mainly because I have at time felt I was close to cracking a rib in the effort to not burst out laughing.
    1... grunt...2.... grunnnt.... 3...GRUNT!

"hey fella, can you just go to the bathroom, and push out the obstruction and be done with it?

15. Just Adam

Been around lots of homophobia in my life.

School, sport, the only job I've had, gym.

Gym I kind of gave up as I just felt so disillusioned. I worked so hard. I am very overweight and tried. Yet there was so many guys there who just look down on you and there without words was this very macho hostile atmosphere and I tried to keep away from people.

If I was alone I would work out all day. But I just don't feel welcome in places and I get self conscious.

At work all I kept hearing was homophobic talk each day. Felt crap.

What hurts these days is thinking not about myself but these people say these things and it is about my bf as it were. So I get very hurt and very angry as if feeling someone dares to attack the man I love.

16. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well done for standing up to them

Honestly, the changing room is kinda ridiculous. I never get called a faggot cos they're to busy admiring each other to pay attention to me, lol. I do get called a stick figure every now and again... In my PE class it's just full of guys feeling each others muscles and talking about working about... they also seem to talk about each others penis' a little too much for it not to be suspicious. ¬_¬ (<me being suspicious of the breeders)

I'm just getting changed listening to/watching them and thinking 'I swear to god, straight guys are so gay...'

17. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The homophobic people full of hate speech have unresolved problems. Most of them are so deep in the closet, that they are scared their "dirty little secret" comes out that they feel they must be openly homophobic just to show others that they aren't.

I had one of those moments, at our gym me and hubby went to the sauna and forgot our towels, so we were naked. Then the one guy came in, so homphobic speeches followed him as he and a friend came in. Hubby and I asked them why they hate "fags"? but they couldn't give a clear anser, instead they kept on in their conversation.

so we decided to teach them a lesson, we started to make out, touch one another and got real horny, hubby ended giving me a bj... the one guy who was so homophobic got the hugest of boners ever, and i asked him if he is so homophobic, why does he gets a boner when two "fags" start to make out? why do we turn him on?

They left the gym and was never seen again!

But this also brings a scene in TrueBlood to mind, where the homophobic two guys makes a realy bad comment about "fags" and the cook came out and told them how the world is run by "fags" and spit into the burger, and put it in his face, telling him, that in her, he makes his AIDS burger and he put extra AIDS on it and that he will eat his AIDS burger the way he (the cook) wants it to be eaten (ok more or less been a while since i watched that episode.)

18. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Win.

19. Emberstone

I would say it varies from gym to gym. I only have to deal with homophobes between about 7pm-10pm at my gym, since it is really only about two guys.

I tend to view the variety of gyms in my areas on a 'meathead---fitness conciouse' scale.
    You deal with the idiots the further you go to the meathead side, and my gym for the most part is on the fitness conciouse side. we have more cardio machines than weight machines. most of the people you see there will not be muscle obsessed bodybuilders, so the homophobia is sparse at best. it is a good atmosphere, because you can workout 24/7, and so you just come when you feel like it. I work out at about 10pm at night at the moment because thats when the gym is generally quiet, and I can change the radio away from heavy death metal, to something a little less like ear rape.

if your area has a 'anytime fitness', it tends to be a good gym with good people, at least at everyone I have been too.

20. Danny19

^^^

well i live in a gay friendly city. at least thats what all my friends say. and i like my gym. no one talks about anyone. the gym is to go work out not to talk sh!t. and thats what everyone at my gym does. they go and work out. minding their own business. there are some guys that are pretty freaken cocky. but they dont bug me so i dont care.

plus theres a lot of hotties. i go with my 2 best friends and we always have a good work out. on our body and eyes lol