1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Drunk "Straight" Guy/Girl Experience

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Indiana Juno, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Indiana Juno

"A drunken mind speaks with a sober heart" - A friend of mine

I firmly believe in that quote. I've hooked up with a straight guy before while we were both hammered beyond repair.

He identifies as straight, and told me I'm the only guy he ever hooked up with. Do you think someone who's straight would hook up with the same sex?

What I mean to say is, if they're hooking up with the same sex drunk, is it because they have some homosexual feelings that come out when they're drunk? Or is it that a straight person can become so intoxicated they don't notice or care that it's the same sex?

What's YOUR straight hook-up story? Most gay guys/girls have had at least one sexual experience with a straight person. Tell us the who/what/where and when of it, if you feel up to sharing :slight_smile:. Did they become more open to experiment after that, did they go back to being straight, etc. Tell us your story.

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I've never been drunk, so I can't share any stories, but I need to make my appreciation for that quote known. That's an extremely poetic quote; your friend is either really wise, or got really lucky with that one.

3. Mad Man L

I've heard that quote plenty of times before, he's taken it from somewhere. Everyone is both straight and gay to some extent, and often sexuality goes out the window (as with a lot of other things) when one is drunk.

4. I don't agree with the bit about EVERYONE being both straight and gay. There are definitely some people who are only straight or only gay 100% of the time, but i agree that it is likely a lot fewer people than we think.

It's distinctly possible that some people might be attracted to that one person of the same sex, or just a few same sex people in their lives and never act on those attractions because the draw to the opposite sex is a lot stronger. Maybe it has to do with that?

Though obviously it must depend on the "straight person" that you have an experience with. Maybe they're just like a Kinsey 1, or maybe they're just feeling kind of heteroflexible and they're curious. Who knows? Depends on the person obvs.

5. Just Passing

I've never been drunk, so I'm afraid I can't share stories. :astonished:

I agree that quote is very cool though. It needs some more recognition. :slight_smile:

That being said, I think that straight people end up having sex with the same sex simply because they're so intoxicated to the point they don't care. Having feelings could be a factor, but you get over confident when you're drunk, so they wouldn't care who they were getting off with. I'm sure gay people drunk sometimes end up with the opposite sex in the same manner.

6. Just Adam

Been there. Caused nothing but misery.

7. Mad Man L

To go into further depth (which I deleted to avoid being wordy in the original post):

A lot of girls with homosexual tendencies will come out and say they're bisexual in their teens (partly due attention seeking and partly because their BF might want a threesome because straight guys associate screwing women with success), and then over time "go back" to heterosexuality when they actually start having long-term relationships.

By comparison, guys will suppress their 'gay interests' because of the whole negative attitude towards guys liking guys in the community (especially from other straight males), and hence they won't really act on any homosexual tendencies.

Add religion into the mix along with the discrimination and day-to-day s*** LGBT people face, if one were a Kinsey 1 or so, they'd just assume it's 'a phase' and continue life as normal and not act on their same-sex attraction.

8. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being intoxicated with what ever, be it alcohol, drugs or what ever, tends to break down the emotional barriers or walls. Be it sexuality, love or what ever.

it makes a person less cautious so they tend to be really who they are. That being said, it might also make some people like douche-bags, asholes or just plain stupid. It makes people tend to do things they would normally refrain from doing while sober.

Your "straight" friend obviously are in the closet, but being drunk around you made him come out to who he really is... bi/gay.

I've never had this with drunk friends, but i did have a few such experiences with two guys who is supposed to be "straight" then while being on extacy their bi-ness comes out clear and loud! and wow, were they the romantic type towards me LOL

9. theJosephDean

Um, my straight female friend spilled vodka all over my hand and then sucked my fingers dry. Does that count? =/

10. Courtneyyy

I'm thinking that guy was probably simply curious. My best friend, who is definitely straight, said that she would hook up with a girl if the opportunity presented itself. I just think a lot of people are curious. One time (after I was completely confident in the fact that I was a lesbian) fooled around with a guy drunkenly. Drunken hook ups happen, and I wouldn't read too much into them.

11. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I think if you're drunk you obviously aren't fully aware what is going on so it's probably not that uncommon to hook up with someone and then later on regret it. So yes, I think it's completely possible for a straight guy to hook up with a gay guy and be straight.