1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cuddling at night, yes or no?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Melusine, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Melusine

So, I am NOT a night cuddler. I don't mind hugging during the day, but after sex, or when I need to sleep, I want to roll away from my significant other and get comfy. If someone is hanging all over me I get uncomfortable and WAY too hot. My bf does not understand this and pulls what I call 'the leg hook' on me all night, so then I have to wriggle away/fight him off so I can sleep.

My grandmother laughs at me and says I'm like Harry from "When Harry Met Sally" ("how long do you like to be held after? All night right?" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

So, how do all of you feel about it? Night cuddles, yea or nay?

2. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm divided on the matter. There's nights when my boyfriend gets too hot and needs his own space, which I'm cool with because I get them too. Then there's nights when we curl up and that's the end of that until morning. But as for liking them, in an ideal situation, I'd love to spend the night snuggled up, but it depends if it's one of those nights whether we get too hot or not. Not all that helpful I know.

As for you and yours, I guess you've tried explaining to him that you get too hot? I suppose you could try again, but from a different angle? Maybe if you don't get enough sleep, you get really grouchy in the morning (I don't know but I'll use this example) so say you'd rather be in a better mood in the morning so he doesn't wake up next to irritable-you and you don't have to deal with irritable-you for the rest of the day? You could say something along the lines of that he has you all day and night, but when it comes to sleep, can he let you have your own space for those seven hours? I don't think it's a big ask and he can snuggle with you all he likes in the morning :slight_smile:

And I totally get your Harry Met Sally reference!

3. Melusine

Yeah, we've talked about it. I personally think he just likes to be stubborn, lol. I just think he doesn't get it because during the day I'm a real cuddlebug. Eh *shrugs* was just wondering how everyone else felt about the matter.

4. Flyers2011

I don't mind cuddling if we're sitting up and talking or something of that sort.

When I go to sleep, no one must touch me. Ever. I hate it.

5. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm quite the cuddle-monster too during the day, but we've agreed that those seven or so hours we need to sleep, it's alone time if either of us want it to be. I'd keep trying to talk to him about it, it's not too much to ask really. I mean, he's probably just a little sad he can't keep hugging you all the time, you sound like a great snuggler :slight_smile:

6. Melusine

LMAO I am exactly the same. Apparently I have slapped and punched my guy in the face before while I'm sleeping O.O. Of course I feel terrible about that :S.

7. maverick

I like cuddling in bed or on the couch if we're reading or watching a movie or something, but when I'm sleeping I like to have personal space. (Hot-natured.)

8. Melusine

See? To me that's normal, but other people I know are like "What do you MEAN you're not a sleep cuddler?"

And lol, I love what you put next to your location. In TN I encounter my fair share of banjos too. The other day someone said *cue heavy accent*, "Bah-sexshul? Ain't that lahk...both at the saiyme tahm? Dayum!"

9. PersonalTaste27

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    not a fan of sleep cuddling my self either i get too hot and i move alot if i feel like there is something on me.

10. Flyers2011

I've actually gotten elbowed by my ex, and we weren't even cuddling xD. That's when I was like okay, you need to move over five inches to your left. Kthanks.

Even as a kid I didn't cuddle with a stuffed animal or anything.

11. Melusine

Lol! I actually think sleeping in the same bed is unnatural. The bed has other more interesting purposes :wink:.

12. acd92

Haha, I definitely LOVE cuddling, but I mean, if it's too hot, then it's too hot, right? Like, I understand when boundaries need to be made, as long as lost cuddling time is eventually made up for! :slight_smile:

13. Melusine

Haha, cuddling is for the day!!! Night is sleepy time *nods*.

14. Flyers2011

Haha those purposes are much better than sleeping.

I like the idea of sharing my bed with someone so I don't have to buy them one. Saves money :grin:

15. TheWanderer

if its in my own bed I dont seem to mind all that much. When Im in someone elses bed, well I have trouble sleeping in someone elses bed/ house whether im being cuddled or not.

16. redstormrising

i love cuddling - during the day, at night in bed . . . but only up until the point where i'm ready to go to sleep. if i'm sleeping, i like my own space. i think part of it also is that i don't want to feel like i have to lie still or i might wake up the person cuddling with me

17. KnightAssassin

This is the truth , ussually I am so hot natured I can't stand to hold people to long and well my bf Is hot natured too but something about us cools each other and we actually have been able to cuddle to sleep , but there was one of the times when I was too hot lol and well If I can't because it's to hot I just tell him and he understands but mostly we are fine we just switch I'm our sleep ( we actually switch together in our sleep freakily ) it's just a matter of person ( such as how inn tune because if you heat up and switch together just right with a fan and AC you can stay cool ) and heat

18. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love it.

One of the best night's sleep i ever had was with a girlfriend's head tucked under my neck, arms entwined, and my pet cat on what room on my chest was left.

Massive cuddler.

19. flymetothemoon

I love night cuddles!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I do understand that sometimes if it's too hot, it doesn't work. I keep a teddy bear around for such instances where it doesn't work (clearly a night cuddler through and through when I resort to snuggling with the teddy bear if the girl doesn't want to cuddle lol)

20. toaster

I love night cuddles too. Although I never have it before, there is a strong urge of needing someone to cuddle with me until I fall asleep.