1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weirdest outing experience

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Phillip, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Phillip

Over the course of this summer I've been coming to terms with being gay, and was planning to come out to my close friend as soon as I got back from vacation. I'm sure he has considered that I might be gay, but has dismissed it. Upon waking today I was greeted by a text from my friend:
    "I had a dream that you came out to me. You said you were in the closet, lol." :jawdrop:

I'm pretty sure I just got dream-outed:eek:. Anybody else have a similar experience where they were outed by the most random occurrence?

2. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was sitting in class with a co-worker. At the end of class, I don't know how it was brought up, he says "so I guess we can't have any good boob talk?"

Hes a good friend was completely open with it. Word spread faster than I thought at work.

3. Kirakishou

When I was a freshman last year, a guy invited me to sit at his table at my dorm where there were 2 other girls sitting as well. This is the first time I've ever seen them and before we actually got any conversation going (I think all we did was say our names at this point, actually), one of the girls commented on my heart earrings and immediately followed it with, "Are you gay?"

Good thing I was out enough to not show how awkward that was, but still.
    It was also a bit rude. xD

4. maverick

Sounds like you and your bud have a touch of the ESPN. :grin:

5. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You and your friend must have been really close for this to have occur. This dream of your friend had is called a Telepathic Dream. Whether you were aware of it or not, but you have send a telepathic message to him. You willingness and need to come out to him must have triggered this type of dream. You could have also connected to his thoughts through a dream and that only occurs when you are really close to him (not geographical wise, the person could have just as well been on the other side of the planet).

I am an expert in dreams and what that meanings are behind it. I have done extensive research into the subject and currently busy writing a book on it

6. Just Adam

We don't get that. We pay enough for tv as it is.

7. Phillip

Haha, Mean Girls <3
    In fact, my friend and I are on opposite sides of the country right now. I think you make an interesting point about the connection between us, thylvin. Pretty much your whole point about me needing to come out to him rang true. I would love to hear more/read your upcoming book! If anything, I think it's a signal that my inclination to tell him was spot on. I can't wait to get back and talk to him!

8. musican

First things first, I noticed that you joined EC recently. Welcome, Phillip :slight_smile:

Well I came out to my one friend after she was going on and on about how hot she though Robert Pattinson was. She apologized after gushing about him and then asked me which girl from Twilight I thought was hot. (She was doing a presentation on it and had a picture of the main cast.) I awkwardly told her that it was okay and to forget about it. Then later that day I said "Remember when you asked which girl from Twilight I think is cute to make me feel less awkward about your crush on Robert Pattinson? Well, you made things more awkward because I don't really like girls that way. Also, Taylor is so much more attractive than Robert."

Not quite as cool as a dream, but still a weird circumstance. Haha.

9. Flyers2011

Everyone at my school (who weren't freshmen) knew that I was gay.

My soon to be ex didn't know until a few girls told her. She asked my good friend who was like, "Ask her. Don't ask me."

My ex started like, stalking my Facebook until she got the balls to say so.

Not too weird, but the weirdest I've had.

10. Phillip

Thanks for the welcome, musician! I'm sure when I come out I'll have many funny responses to share here on EC, many of my friends have no idea that I'm gay. I was so tempted to text my friend back then and there that I was gay. I think it'll work out better if I tell him face to face though.

11. Danny19

oh my gad.. i havent been outed to my family. but my mom and both of my sisters have told me they had dreams of me being gay. when they would tell me i swear i felt like the blood rushed to my feet and i got extremely cold..lol. the bad part is that they wouldnt say dream they would say something like "oh my god i had a nightmare" i would say what is it about then they would say. " that you were gay" kinda sucks that they consider it a nightmare.

12. Phillip

That's exactly the feeling I got when I read the text my friend sent about his dream:icon_redf. I tried to probe around a bit and see if he thought it was a bad dream, but no dice - didn't wanna make it TOO obvious I was interested. Now if more of my friends start having these dreams it's gonna be a problem, haha.

13. No One

My mom had a dream that I came out. She came down to my room in the middle of the night and was all upset and told me about the dream and followed with "That was the worst nightmare I have had in a really long time". I sure slept well.

#13 No One, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  14. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @Phillip... well the book is finished, I'm busy doing layout on it as well as add images of terms used in the book... after all it isn't called "Illustrated Dream Dictionary" for nothing. And what's more, is it will be completely for free to download in PDF format!!!!!

15. Hitchhiker

I told my parents I wanted a wallet for my back pocket.
    They now make constant jokes about me being a lesbian.
    (LOL I can't tell if they are serious or not..)

16. Noahroxursox

@thylvin... Awesome! It sounds like a really interesting boom, could you do us all a favour and when it's done, post a link to the PDF? Thanks so much! -smiles seductively-

17. Phillip

Awesome! I'm totally gonna print it out and put it next to my bed :eusa_danc

18. wellhidden

wellhidden Guest

I had the exact same experience with my sister about two and a half years ago and well at the time i was kinda questioning my sexuality (about 80% sure that i was gay)and she said "i had a dream that you liked men" and i denied it.
    Funny thing is my sis and i have had dreams of the future alot when we were younger.

19. Beertruck

First off, I'm gonna quote this one from Funniest Coming Out Stories...

Another time, another (straight but liberally minded) coworker and I are talking about a New Jersey pride event in her hometown. I say something along the lines of how I wish I could go - she straight up asks if I'm gay, and I say yeah, conversation goes pretty well.

So that weekend, this coworker is carpooling on a long trip with several others for a wedding (someone who left before I started there, so i didn't go). Apparently there was a lull in the conversation and the coworker went "SO WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME THAT BEERTRUCK IS GAY?"

Of course, no one else in the car knew that. :grin: There was a collective "WHAT??????"

20. BeautifulStranger

Not really weird, but funny...

I've generally been keeping my sexuality to myself here because Korea is a little more conservative, and besides, my being gay is only one part of me. It's not all of who I am, so it's not like everyone has to know right away.

Anyways, we're at a bar with a bunch of my American friends (who aren't blind, so they knew I was gay) and some Korean friends.
    The topic of is anyone dating came up and a Korean asked me if I had a girlfriend.
    I laughed a bit, smiled politely and (since I had a fair bit of alcohol in my system) told him I was gay.

He was silent for a few seconds before saying, "I'm sorry."

And then I just went balls-to-the-wall queen on him.
    "Gurrrrlll! Don't apologize! It's a simple mistake! And I love myself! There is nothing to be sad or sorry about at all, etc..."

For that being my weirdest experience, I would say my life has been "by the book" normal.