And a Happy frickin' birthday to me.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by xequar, Nov 25, 2007.

1. xequar

Sorry, I need to take a moment to bitch.

So today's my birthday. I am now 26, I think... *quickly does the math* Yeah, 26.

My day thus far-I got home late last night, and I was out of town for a few days for the Thanksgiving holiday, so this morning, I fired up both of my computers (Windows and Linux). Guess what, the Linux box won't boot. I don't know what's going on, but it ain't booting at all.

I move on from there, checking mail and stuff on the Windows box, mostly hoping that the guy I've been seeing wanted to get together today. Nope, no dice on that. Time passes uneventfully, and I realized I wanted to grab something out of my car, which is a bit of a production now thanks to living in a second floor apartment and being on crutches. I get out to my car only to discover that one of those redneck fucks in the podunk town in which I grew up keyed my car, so now there's a gouge in my passenger door literally all the way through the paint and into the metal. The car's barely a year old, I'm swimming in an insurance nightmare already thanks to the accident a month ago, and now I get to file another claim to get my car fixed. Grand.

So now, it's 2:42 p.m., and not even the coffee I'm drinking is making me feel better right now. Thus far, it's turning out to be a pretty shitty birthday. Oh, and the shift key on my keyboard just popped out. Apparently the universe just hates me today.

2. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

=[ im sorry about that =[. Yeah well my dad doesnt even remember when my birthday is.And what i've noticed is that after something bad happens something good follows it so i guess all i can say is just wait it out your luck will turn around soon who knows maybe youll get a new car.

3. xequar

Heh, normally I don't remember when my birthday is. I think the only reason I remembered this year was because I was surprised as hell to have lived to see it.

4. InaRut

Or maybe you'll be on the PRICE is RIGHT and WIN A NEW CAR :O.
    But yea crappy day dude. I think the worst part is now your 26 instead of 25 :'(

5. TriBi

Well - hopefully, it can only get better.

So maybe the birthDAY sucks a bit. Hope the rest of the year is good. :slight_smile:

6. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Yeah you never know =]. But hey ur 26 =] HAPPY BIRTHDAY! lol
    How cud u not remember ur birthday? 0.o its like....not remembering ur name! XD
    But i hope things get better man

7. dictionary

Happy birthday its my birthday to although i lied to the forum that it was like 2 days ago..
    I have 3 days if school then 2 orintation days then holidays so im happy....
    I got the sumer heights high dvd so im toats happy :slight_smile:

8. Jeimuzu

My best mate's 26. I'll admit, he didn't have a great 26th when it came around (although he didn't pay for any drinks that day :wink:), but then again he kinda cut himself off from the rest of his family for the most part.

9. xequar

Thanks, everybody!

I took care of a little unfinished business with a former friend, too, so now I'm starting to feel a bit better about the universe. Now if this damn Shift key would quit popping out of my keyboard...

But really, I have very little room to complain. I mean, I actually lived to see 26, which is something that as I saw a 5,000 pound SUV coming at me a month ago I didn't think would happen. I am mostly healthy (stupid leg from the accident), and I have a lot of good friends. *Raises his beer* here's to hoping that 26 is a good one!

10. Jim1454

Well - I won't bother wishing you a happy birthday. It would be too little, too late from the sounds of it. But I will wish you many happy returns of the day!

11. panda

Happy Birthday!! Better Alive Than Dead!!!!!