1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To save the species.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by maverick, Aug 17, 2011.

1. maverick

One theory I have heard is that homosexuality shouldn't be encouraged because it will eventually cause the human species to die out. Putting aside the obvious lunacy of that statement just based on humanity's current population growth, it did make me think...

Hypothetical for the homosexuals in the crowd - if humanity was wiped out to within an inch of extinction, would you have straight sex to help propagate the species? Would you become a breeder?

I'd like to think a lot of gays would probably step up and "take one for the team" if the last dregs of humanity were clinging desperately to survival and every new human child really did count.

But under our current MASSIVE overpopulation problem on this planet, the idea that homosexuality should be discouraged to protect propagation is ridiculous. If anything, homosexuality should be encouraged to take some of the edge off of population growth. At least that's my opinion. (Not sure you could encourage homosexuality in someone who is not innately gay or bisexual though.)

2. Colton

Yes.

3. Katelynn

Well, there are a lot of people out there who I would like to think would step up, but it's hard to fght nature & how you feel. For me, I'm a gay woman in a guy's body, so if things got that bad I wouldn't be able to do much anyway. Once I start on HRT, after a year or so I'm pretty much sterile and unable to have kids anyway. And as a woman after surgery, I would be unable to bear children (which is still a bit of a sore point for me, I really want to be pregnant one day & have kids). Still for a lot of gay or lesbian people, the choice to fight nature in the best interest of the species is possibly a dfficult choice. I know am extremely uncomfortable having sex as a guy now, so it would be very difficult for me to do that. But I would like to think that if I was able to, that I would try to do the right thing.

4. Ridiculous

I'd like to say I would, but honestly I don't know if I'd be able to be aroused enough to be functional in that situation :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I mean, I am gay after all.

Maybe artificial insemination.

5. Phillip

Of course I would. Sperm donation for the win! :bulb:

6. Oh goodness. I'm less concerned about having straight sex to save the species than I am about passing on my own genes... :lol:

On an entirely different note:

Isn't this what turkey basters are for? [/crude lesbian stereotype jokes ]

7. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    I'd take one for the team, so long as I could fantasize during :grin: Anyway, the people touting this viewpoint also think sexuality is a choice, so it's kind of ludicrous to 'discourage' it. After all, having gay sex doesn't make you unable to approach a woman again, nor is a woman stricken barren after walking next to a gay guy. Indeed, if there were no straight people in the world, humankind would still continue (read: sperm donation and surrogates).

8. maverick

So theoretically, gays could break off from the human race and start our own.

Mwah hah hah....so THAT's what the homosexual agenda is all about.

:lol:

I'm sure the Gay Mafia will have a hand in it.

9. Phillip

I just lol'd SO hard. :roflmao:

10. Veronica

Well, I'm prepared for the Zombie-apocalypse at least. I'll be in the fighting team making sure you lot get a chance to repopulate :slight_smile:

11. Phillip

The future sounds bright: sperm donation, brain eating, and shotguns. Haha.

12. maverick

I think gays would do well in a zombie apocalypse - look how many work out at the gym. :grin:

[​IMG]

Somebody get this guy a chainsaw stat.

13. Mogget

In the event of a population decline significant enough to require everyone to breed, we wouldn't do it by having sex. Too chancy. It'd be IVF for everyone. That's why being the last (straight) man in a world full of women sucks. You'll never actually get to have sex because your semen would be too valuable to waste on sex.

14. Nomad187

nope not a chance. as cynical as this may sound I would not try to save the human species

15. KaotikPrincess

As someone who is desperate to reproduce right now, as soon as my bf (hopefully soon husband) and i are ready, lets go! I will have as many babies as physically possible haha!

16. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And even if the disaster wiped out IVF technology, it'd still be a rather scientific affair. Females would have to monitor their periods, and sex would be mandatory on certain days.

Also: no choice of whom to sleep with! If there's any geneticist left, it would be up to them to decide who procreates with whom to avoid losing traits that only a few individuals have.

That said: I'd take one for the team. As long as I'd get to have a boyfriend outside of my duty to the species. (actually, that would not be too bad: not too much chance of messing up the breeding schedule with unplanned pregnancies. I'm sure the geneticist overlords would approve :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

17. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would... and hay guys... you do not necessarily need to have sex to produce a baby... welcome to the wonderful world of artificial insemination!!!!!

18. maverick

^ I'm sort of in this camp. I think the homeostasis of the Earth might actually recover if we left the planet for a few hundred years.

Yes, but in the post-apocalyptic scenario I'm thinking about, you're gonna have problems with a wisdom tooth or a bad appendix, much less getting pregnant; there are no uber-fertility clinics in a broken society.

So I'm thinking about queers taking one for the team the old-fashioned way. :lol:

19. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, the only way to get me to do that is to have a guy posing , while wanking and aiming the dripy seamen... but to actually have a sexual intercourse... i won't be able to it up at all!!!

20. Leif

I totally would. Well I'm bi so the sex part isn't that big of a deal. My female body doesn't like to stay pregnant though, I've had problems with it in the past. If it happened after my top surgery and hormone therapy I'd be kinda useless, sorry guys.