1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

childhood and point of realization

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ICTOAUN, Aug 18, 2011.

1. ICTOAUN

two questions

1. looking back on your life, were there any 'signs' that you would turn out gay? For example, I loved boy toys. G.I. Joes, Max Steel, remote control cars, spiderman action heroes, legos, etc. I also had crushes on girls which started around puberty.

2. how old were you when you first thought, "holy crap, am i gay?". mine wasn't until freshman year of high school after i fell for an amazing girl (still together to this day :kiss:). before that, i was in complete denial. i had never considered myself being gay before her.

(!)

2. tylernc

tylernc Guest

1. When I was 7 or 8, I loved playing with my cousin's Bratz dolls. My favorite part was changing their outfits. ._.

2. When I was 14, I think in the middle of Feburary on a break, I was thinking about this guy in my P.E. class and I was like, "Wow, he's pretty cute..." Then I eventually realized... Whoa? Am I gay? And from then on, I'm 99.9% sure that I'm gay. :slight_smile:

3. Mad Man L

1. I never really saw any signs aside from having an interest in putting stuff on my nails when I was quite young, I was shy/a wussy and didn't really play sports. I still played with typical guy stuff, but I was never a super-boisterous 'fight with each other' kind of guy.

2. When I was 14 and 9 months or so. It started sometime around March/May or so (not April, I lost internets because I was using 1 GB of usage a day out of a 10 GB plan :slight_smile:), and then from there I started to explore my 'second curiosity' into guys on a long adventure of bi-curiosity, and in about September/October (after I stopped liking this really hot girl <3) I started to realise and come to terms with the reality that I like men. I was pretty certain I was bi after that and came out in late November of that year.

I was late starting puberty, but I've always been surprisingly comfortable with my sexuality.

4. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. Around the age of about 6 or so, me an my cousin dressed up in woman's clothes, but i don't think that counts pretty much as anything. I did play with typical boy toys, but once in a while I would get hold of my sister's Barbie and play with that when I know I am alone. but I usually just played with the Ken dolls or other male dolls then. But in primary school I knew something was different cause I wasn't really attracted to girls but didn't know what to call it.

2. At around 16 after my first experience with a guy in school I knew I was bi (still pretty much oblivious to being gay). At the age of 24 I knew I was gay but I refused to accept it until I was 29

5. Gay Boi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have always known I was gay and was quite comfortable with it. I just didn't have a name for it until I was 12. I tried liking girls in my younger years (when my friends started liking girls) but it never felt right.

6. Shmoe

1. According to some one who "Found out" that I'm gay, I cross my legs like a girl, I'm soft spoken and I am not dating any one.

2. When I was 13/14 I thought "Maybe I'm not straight, Maybe I'm nothing", A month or two later I fell in love with a dude. "Hmm... I guess that makes me gay".

7. Rinto

Rinto Guest

1. looking back on your life, were there any 'signs' that you would turn out gay?

-I wouldn't really say I'm gay but yeah, many people thought I was gay. When I was young, I really liked Barbies, play cook, play teacher and brushing my sister's hair because she can't do it before. I only liked it because it's like real life, rather than LEGOs and robots which aren't realistic to me back then.

2. how old were you when you first thought, "holy crap, am i gay?".

-I started thinking about this when I became a sophie. I started calling this guy "a masterpiece" since most of my stories were inspired by him and often included him. They all became popular. It was now that i realized I have a crush on him.^^

8. Bassbolt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1. In primary school there was an option of wearing grey trousers or a grey skirt and I never wore the skirt. When all the other girls were talking about how hot some male actors were I just wasn't interested. And the only reason I liked lads was because everyone was kinda pushing me with "You have to like someone!"

2. About halfway through third year I started kinda noticing a girl in my year. I thought it was an "I wanna be better friends with her because she seems cool" thing but it turned out to be a gay thing. XD

9. Giorria

Giorria Guest

1. Not really, I didn't do anything different from the other boys when growing up. The only difference between me and them is I didn't like football (soccer) and I still don't like it. I did get along with girls better then boys but I didn't spent a large majority of my time with them, I spent more time with boys when I was younger.

2. I was moved away from London with my parents to live in the town that we live in now when I was 13 years old. It was how much I missed my best friend which made me realise that I felt more then just friendship when I was with him.

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1. I always was the more physical girl that played with the boys and kicked their buts!! (sorry I'm really competitive) I also liked to play with remote controlled cars and stuff like that... And at mcdonalds I always chose the boy toy over the girl toy.

2.In middle school I knew something was different about me because I had a crush on a female teacher. Then 1 year later, I still liked that teacher, but I had a crush on a male friend of mine as well. I did not learn the term bisexual until the very very end of 8th grade. I just started coming out and I am a freshman in college.

11. Melusine

This. Only the girls in my school weren't allowed to wear trousers, and that was all I wanted, and all my friends were boys. I guess also I always thought girls were pretty, buy I seemed to notice/care more than my other female friends. I also used to make my barbies make out.

And 2, well, I'm not gay, I'm bi. But when I was 12 or 13 and I realized that my friend I had been 'practising' kissing with had become a whole lot more than practice to me. It took me a few years after that to figure out if I was gay or bi, but that was definitely the first time I went 'Holy crap! I like girls!'

12. Hazel

I always wanted to be the "daddy" when playing house with the neighbor girl. That count?

I mean, someone had to. >__>

13. British Lad

British Lad Guest

1. looking back on your life, were there any 'signs' that you would turn out gay?
    -I loving playing with my female Friends toys more then my own, I hated (and still do) getting dirty, not a fan of football, got on better with girls.

2. how old were you when you first thought, "holy crap, am i gay?".
    -March last year, were I put two and two together.

#13 British Lad, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2011
  14. Just Passing

At a young age, I liked touching guys more than girls and generally felt more comfortable with them then girls. I also don't like football or many sports either.

My first thoughts were back when I was twelve approaching thirteen, but I realised it properly at around sixteen/seventeen.

#14 Just Passing, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  15. ezkill

I just want to say... PROPS to you for starting this thread, because if you didn't today, then I would have. I just made a list before I even realized this thread was here. I posted it in another thread that I started today. Here it is:

• I would walk around with a white basket in the backyard and pick flowers and weeds and put them in it, like I was walking in a field of daisies or something.
    • I would take my mom's nail polish and use it on my toenails sometimes. I often to nail polish and put that on my fingernails. Of course, the idea of that makes me feel really weird now, but nonetheless I had no inhibitions when I was that young.
    • My mom tells me that in pre-school I was friends with this kid named Logan, and that I always said "I liked his hair".
    • I would sometimes dress in my sister's clothing to see if I could fit in it.
    • I used to practice braiding hair on my sister's barbie dolls. She got a "life-sized" one once, and I used to braid its hair all the time.
    • I used to make friendship bracelets a lot and make things out of lanyard.
    • I learned how to knit and crochet better than my grandma
    • My mom caught me once watching a gay movie in her room, and she made me turn it off when it came to the kissing and sex scene.
    • I have never actually had a girlfriend, nor have I ever brought one home.
    • Gay music, need I say more?

2. I was in the 5th grade.

16. Phillip

1. I only pretended to be interested in girls when I was around 11, and have kept up that charade until recently. I would get very emotional about having to go home from being with my guy friends, but could care less about leaving any girls I happened to be with. Oh, and I've always been oblivious to any girl giving me a "look", but somehow manage to tell before it happens if a guy is going to give me one. Go figure.

2. Around the age of 14 I started experimenting with one of my guy friends. I really liked it and lost count of how many times it happened, that pretty much nailed it :grin:.

17. thefinalyear

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I only noticed about a month ago, but I suppose I've been bisexual all along. When I was little, you'd see me one minute with a Barbie, then the next with a remote control car. I didn't mind if it was a boy or a girl toy.

When I was growing up, I'd see a girl and think 'Wow, she's pretty' but only because I was jealous that I didn't look that good. (I know it sound ridiculous). Then, the hormones kicked in, and I couldn't stop thinking about boys. I had a crush on Zac Efron and Taylor Lautner for the longest time :L and thought of the boys at my school too.

At this time I started hanging out with a girl who is now my best friend. We were opposites in every single way, but we still got along. Then I'd find myself noticing that my heart would skip a bit whenever she went online. She confided in me a lot, and I found myself doing the same in return.

Then, two days before my 15th birthday, it fell on me like a ton of bricks. It was weird but I kinda knew I was bi. I was alway noticing boys, but girls too.

18. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1. I played with toy animals when I was a kid and made them go to war. The good animals would have a custom built lego vehicle that would serve as a hide-out. Also, when I was 5 or 6 I loved watching Baywatch. I thought one of the girls was really good looking. And I always wanted to be the blue Power ranger.

2. I fell in love with one of my best friends.

19. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. Let's see....I played with girls more than boys, had all the Sailor Moon dolls, and while it mighta been masculine I did have Power Rangers too. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I also watched Sailor Moon religiously, I was even able to find a station that was broadcasting it so I could listen to it on the drive to school LOL.

2. This part I'm really unsure, maybe when a guy friend gave me oral sex and I really enjoyed it but when a girl friend (not girlfriend, a friend who was a girl) gave me the same and I couldn't even get hard...yeah that's probably when I figured it out.

20. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. I think it could have been this bizarre crush I had on Adam,Amy and Michael from Barney and the Backyard Gang growing up... no idea at all XD. This and the fact that I was crazy about Hot Wheels,Power Rangers and other stuff too.

2. My crushes at a young age were something I never questioned, up until I turned 11 or 12. Then I got the biggest sucker punch by the love bugs XD