1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How common is bullying?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Martin, Nov 26, 2007.

?

Have you ever been bullied?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    76.7%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  1. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It always shocks me to see how many people have been bullied before. I don't know if i am naive, but i never knew it affected so many people. I knew it did affect quite a few people, but sometimes i get the impression i'm in the minority when i say i've never been bullied. :icon_sad:

I'm just curious to know whether anybody here has? Looking at the support and advice section, i'd say quite a few have. I'm just wondering if i am going to get another shock on this like i usually do. :confused:

2. sdc91

I've been bullied, but it wasn't like a wedgie-type schoolyard bully. It's mainly just put-downs and stuff like that. It doesn't happen anymore though and I'm over it, so I don't care.

3. Psychedelic Bookmarks

yeah, i was bullied at primary school. i've always been pretty unusual/unpopular/my "own" person, so there used to be some people at primary that were quite mean to me. but, it didn't kill me.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

5. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was bullied in elementary (which I think is what the British folk are referring to as "primary"). Basically until I was in the 9th grade (until age 14), with Grade 8 being the most hellish.

I'm surprised you're shocked it's such a big deal. I would think it's obvious from all the talk about it, and just from observing kids in school, that bullying is the number one school-based issue people face. And I don't mean gay people only, I mean ALL people. I mean even if you weren't bullied yourself, surely anyone could see what a huge deal it is at school. It's not like it's uncommon.

6. Psychedelic Bookmarks

primary is to age 11, then secondary until 16/18. we don't have middle schools. :slight_smile:

yes, i think bullying is the number one issue for many children.

7. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never said it wasn't a big deal. :confused: I am very much aware bullying exists. The point I was making is that I didn't realise it was so common. That's not me saying it's not a big deal, it's just me being lucky that i've never experienced it. :confused:

8. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I was "bullied" by this one guy from first to third grade. It wasn't so much bullying as it was that he was just angry with me. My father fired father his from the Little League association we had in town... and he had it out for me. Lol, long live suburbia! But he moved to Seattle half-way through third grade, so I guess that's my bully story.

9. Tom

Tom Guest

i was never bullied, theres nothing ive done so tht ppl have never thought i was a worthy target or somet like tht, or i just had 2 many friends, but either way ive never been bullied lukily.

10. AlmightyFluffy

I was never bullied in any of my schools. Just irritated by idiots. Alot.
    The worst it's ever been for me was for two years five gangstalicious bad boiz called me Daphne for reasons they never fully explained.

#10 AlmightyFluffy, Nov 26, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  11. tiptoerainbows

I think most people have been at least affected by bullies. All the schools I've been to I've known someone whom has been bullied. All the time by some immature person.

12. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i get bullied heaps at school because i stutter, im short and kids are always making fun of me because i find learning at school very hard

13. i have been bullied since i was in first grade it never ends ..........

14. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I hear you... now it's a little better though.