1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"gay turning"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SaphireMoon, Aug 18, 2011.

1. SaphireMoon

about 2-3 hours north of the twin cities in MN
    ok first off im sorry if this is the wrong spot for this thread, if it is feel free to move it or necro it. lol ( I am also sorry if anyone finds this offensive)

Ok so a lot of homophobes say that gay people are trying to turn straight people gay but like its insulting (which it is but for a different reason lol) but when a straight person is PROVEN to be trying to turn gay people straight its met with a positive reaction? just a thought and i have my own theories but am curious on other peoples viewpoints.

#1 SaphireMoon, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  2. JudgeDredd

Obviously people can't be "turned" one way or the other. But I think the reason why if gay ppl are thought to be "turning" straight people they don't like it because they think we are "freaks of nature" and stuff like that. But if straight people try to "turn" us straight, they think its ok because they think that straight is the only way to be. Its the "right" thing to do. Anyone that doesn't fit that is going to hell. They think they are doing us a service, but in reality, as we all know, they aren't. We can't change and won't.

That's my two cents :grin:

3. SaphireMoon

about 2-3 hours north of the twin cities in MN
    I happen to agree lol and i understand that there is no "turning" someone gay. :grin:

4. Mad Man L

These people who believe in "turning people gay" are the same backwards people who believe gay people are the scum of the earth, hence why turning a gay person "straight" is met well.

5. Just Passing

I doubt there really is such a thing as converting one person to another sexuality, straight or otherwise. It seems like plain paranoia on ignorant people's part.

6. maverick

I think the basic argument is:

"If we don't expose vulnerable young lambs of the faith to Ze Evil Homosexuals(tm), they'll never find out that homosexual sex is a) a lot like heterosexual sex, and b) that a lot more humans are bisexual than are willing to physically explore the concept."

Conservatives freak out about the jumping rate of bisexuality in American high schools, but they don't realize it's not because gays are "turning" their youth...it's because the youth of America is more genderfluid and sexually open than ever before, and they don't let outdated standards of morality dictate their behavior.

They actually remind me of young pre-Christian Romans, to be honest. [Studied imperial Roman history in college.] We modern-day Americans are not as different from the ancient Romans as we'd like to think.

I think it's the reason more American youth are turning to paganism as well. Conservative Judeo-Christian ideals don't resonate with them anymore.

Note: I'm not dissing Christians here (I actually attend church myself). Just making some observations.

#6 maverick, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  7. Shmoe

Under the light of the full moon I turn straight.

Sadly I also turn into a werewolf so nothing really happens.