1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight crushes before you found out

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bambam07, Aug 19, 2011.

1. bambam07

My best friend tends to get on my case a lot about crushes and stuff. He always asks me if there is "a particular person of interest in my life". But there are also times when he's like "have you ever liked a boy?" I've always said no because…well I haven't. Even though I only realized that i was gay two years ago (ish), I was never really into guys, or anybody, during middle school. There were times when I WANTED to have a crush because all of my friends had one, but I just wasn't attracted to anyone. I thought maybe someone else had a different experience, where they DID have a legitimate straight crush on someone before the realized they were gay.

So… yeah.

2. Noah27

Out Status:
    Some people
    mmm well I did not have a straight crush on someone before I realized I was gay I had one once I was out of the closet haha yeah I just came out of the closet like a few months ago but I have known I was gay since I was like 10 (Iam about to be 20) but back to the topic. I was always attracted to guys but one day I joined a gym and OMG there was this girl that I just thought was so pretty like I could really see myself going on a date with her and stuff so that was really weird and new to me becuase I have always had crushes on guys never on girls and that was the first and last time that has ever happened to me...I hope haha.

3. Danny19

i had like 3. even though i kinda knew i was gay since i was little. i still crushed on 3 girls one of them was and still is my best friend the other was a very pretty girl who always had me laughing.. she turned out gay too..lol.. and another who i am friends with. shes pretty and nice and she always knew how to make me feel better.. but i think i was super confused. i liked them because they always cared about me and made me feel great. and now that i think back it was just an admiration for their friendship. i do love my bets friend, but like a sister. i known her for 10 years. but its all cool now because she knows im gay and still loves me like a brother. and it makes me feel nice...

i have yet to get a crush on a guy. havent been through that

4. Just Passing

I didn't really have straight crushes. I sometimes enjoyed staring at another woman or imagining the idea of being with a woman, but it felt odd and something didn't seem right every single time I tried.

But then again, all my gay crushes are pretty bad too. :grin:

5. Bassbolt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Around a year ago I thought I had a crush on a male friend, but I valued his friendship more than anything. I never imagined myself kissing him and I never felt jealousy when he had a girlfriend, so I didn't actually see him that way. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. MadSeed

MadSeed Guest

I had crushes on boys when I was still in school. Most of them were shy and a bit girly (delicate facial features, long hair, almost no muscles :wink: ). But I don't remember being jealous or sad because of their girlfriends. I even said to one of those boys that his girlfriend is really cute and nice. Maybe I liked both of them :lol:

7. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    When I was seven I had a huge crush on a girl in my class. I'd pick up things she dropped, and at the end of class I'd rush to the closets so I could be nice and hand her the folder she kept everything in.

There was also a girl I liked in high school, and she was cute, but I'm really not sure how much I lked her, or in what capacity.

As much as I liked these girls, I can't remember really fantasizing about doing anything more than hanging out.

8. ellipsis

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah, Similar to what happen to me.
    When I saw my friends having or with their girlfriend, I also wanted to have a girlfriend.
    But then I just don't have any feeling towards girl, or you can say not attracted to girls. Or maybe I haven't found the one I like ? hahaha...
    Right now I have a crush to one of my friends, but I value our friendship so.. yeah hahaha..

9. Raeil

I haven't had any serious straight crushes since I hit puberty. Prior to that, the most serious one was with my best female friend. She and I were extremely similar, and we talked about everything. Actually, we "went out" for like a week, and one of the huge things we talked about was what colors we wanted our wedding to be. :slight_smile: The fact that I was planning my wedding should have told me something, but ah well.

Past that, I've dated one girl and asked out another. The one I dated, I dated partially because the guy I was crushing on asked one of my three best female friends to prom, and to show everyone I wasn't gay I dated one of the other two for less than a week. We didn't work due to the discomfort between us about it... The girl I asked out was because I was desperate to prove to myself that I wasn't gay, so I focused on three amazing qualities of the only single girl in my group of college friends and asked her out. Her rejection was the igniter of my self-inspection which led to me accepting my sexuality, so that was good.

10. FloatingPiano

I never really had any straight crushes, because I've always kinda known I was a lesbian, but when I was in a super stage of denial, I did date 2 boys. I did love them, but never really saw myself doing anything other than chilling together. And kissing them was REALLY awkward feeling, haha.

11. paper person

Last yar i had a crush on this really tall really bubbly senior girl who was always cheery and huggy and stuff. I went to her whole a whole bunch played ckinect, read comics, and chill on her bed, i even helped her move rooms and bake cookies yay! I thought I was in love lthough in hindsight i couldt thing of doing anything more than chilling hand holding and cudling. Any way she broke my heart when she told me about her new boy freind she met on match .com who was four years older and graduateing amillitary college. then i realized shes a nut case ans avoided her. Maybe i over reacted and should hang out any way.

12. maverick

All of my crushes in school were female, I just didn't realize it at the time. So I guess I'd consider all of my schoolyard crushes gay crushes.

The guys I dated (instead of the girls I apparently wanted to date, like that hot pitcher on the softball team) were all guys that pursued me, and not the other way around. And since dating the opposite sex is one of the best ways to convince someone you're not gay, that's what I half-heartedly did.

13. Flyers2011

I dated two guys before I realized I was full blown gay.

I 'liked' these guys, but more as brothers (I realize now). If I had realized my true sexuality sooner I wouldn't have gotten mixed up with them.

14. Dragonfyre173

I liked one girl before I realized, but said girl help me realize I'm gay XD And now she's my sister :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    (Unfortunately everybody thinks we're a couple. Even my spanish teacher thought we were x.x)